Students in the Sociology department examine how humans interact in relationships as groups, communities, cultures, and society as a whole. They use this understanding to help and to serve.
The Department of Sociology equips students to conduct research, communicate skillfully, think critically and think globally in preparation for careers in social services, politics, program support, management, nonprofit organizations, and other areas of service and ministry. The coursework combines excellent teaching with service-learning, community-based research, internships, and other practical learning experiences.
Chris Derrick ('10) | Sociology
Chris Derrick honed a passion for combating crime while studying criminal justice in ACU's sociology department. Now, an internship with the U.S. Marshals office in Dallas has given clear focus to his passion.
- Follow between issues on the magazine blog
- ACU in Division I
- Register Now for Summer Academy 2013
- Online Graduate Programs
- Study Abroad: The World is Your Classroom
- Forbes ranks ACU in Top 10% of U.S. colleges
- ACU renewed as Apple Distinguished Program
- ACU Connected: Mobile Learning
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Abound
- ACU en Español
- Follow ACU on Twitter
- University news, events and fun!