The Urban Studies program of the School of Social Work supports effective planning and delivery of human services through community-based research, education, and consultation.
The Urban Studies program is designed to assist community-based organizations in projects that will enhance and maintain a strong network of human service programs in Abilene, the surrounding West Central Texas area, and in other selected project areas. The Urban Studies program provides research and experiential learning opportunities for graduate and undergraduate social work students.
Jonathan Holmes ('12) | Urban Studies
Jonathan Holmes has always been interested in how different generations view the world. As an undergraduate social work major, he turned that interest into a research project for the Pruett Gerontology Center at ACU related to intergenerational attitudes toward welfare.
- Milene Crossman ('12) Master of Social Work
- Sadie Dickinson ('15) Social Work
- Jonathan Holmes ('12) Urban Studies
- Danielle Buchanan ('12, MSSW) Mental Health Specialist
- Whitney Herrington ('11) Missions / Social Work
- J. Garpue Lieway ('11) M.S. in Social Work
- Krystal Underwood ('11) Social Work/Gerontology
- Dr. Wayne Paris MSSW Program Director
- Study Abroad: The World is Your Classroom
- ACU Connected: Mobile Learning
- University news, events and fun!
- Follow between issues on the magazine blog
- Follow ACU on Twitter