Institute for Social and Community Development
The Institute for Social and Community Development supports effective planning and delivery of human services through community-based research, education, and consultation.
Institute for Social and Community Development (ISCD)
The ISCD is designed to assist community-based organizations in projects that will enhance and maintain a strong network of human service programs in Abilene, the surrounding West Central Texas area, and in other selected project areas. The ISCD provides research and experiential learning opportunities for graduate and undergraduate social work students. Formerly known as the school's Urban Studies Program, the ISCD has been an outreach program of the School of Social Work since 1998.
Jonathan Holmes ('12) | Urban Studies
Jonathan Holmes has always been interested in how different generations view the world. As an undergraduate social work major, he turned that interest into a research project for the Pruett Gerontology Center at ACU related to intergenerational attitudes toward welfare.
- Kaitlin Pegoda ('15) Social Work
- Sadie Dickinson ('15) Social Work
- Dr. Wayne Paris MSSW Program Director
- Jonathan Holmes ('12) Urban Studies
- Danielle Buchanan ('12, MSSW) Mental Health Specialist
- Whitney Herrington ('11) Missions / Social Work
- Milene Crossman ('12) Master of Social Work
- J. Garpue Lieway ('11) M.S. in Social Work
- Krystal Underwood ('11) Social Work/Gerontology
- Study Abroad: The World is Your Classroom
- ACU Connected: Mobile Learning
- University news, events and fun!
- Follow between issues on the magazine blog
- Follow ACU on Twitter