- What is Social Work?
- About the School
- Faculty & Staff
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work (BSSW)
- Master of Science in Social Work (M.S.S.W.)
- Field Education
- Financial Opportunities
- Student Opportunities
- Institute for Social/Community Development
- Aging Studies
- Contact Us
Admission to the BSSW Program
Students may declare social work as their major at any point during their time at Abilene Christian University. However, the declaration of Social Work as a major does not ensure admission to the School of Social Work. The student must complete a formal application and be granted admission to the School before enrolling in upper-division Social Work courses. The application process usually occurs between the student’s sophomore and junior year at the University.
Students are admitted to the BSSW program upon satisfactorily meeting the following criteria:
- Junior standing with the University (at least 60 credit hours);
- Completion of the School of Social Work application (sent to eligible students via email);
- Satisfactory completion of SOCW 230, 250, and 327 or 329;
- Submission of two academic recommendations; and
- Approval for admission by program faculty after an interview and consideration of professional criteria.
For questions, please contact the director of the BSSW program, Dr. Stephen Baldridge, or call the Social Work office at 325-674-2072.
ACU ranks 3rd among the 35 Best Value Christian Colleges with a CSWE-accredited Social Work Program in 2015. Read more