Director, School of Social Work
Areas of Scholarship/Expertise:
- Program evaluation
- Administration and planning
- University administration
- Creating Opportunities for Faculty and Student Scholarship in Aging through Community Partnerships (with C. Pruett. A. Lipps, W. Paris, J. Reeger, and K. White). Southwestern Social Science Association Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, March 30, 2013.
- A Texas Two-Step: Dynamically Managing the Reaffirmation Process (with T. Milholland, N. Shankle and P. Bolin). Annual Meeting of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, Dallas, TX, December 10, 2012.
- The Healthcare/Bioscience Industry in West Central Texas in 2022: Perspectives of Key Industry Leaders and a Roadmap for the Next Decade. White Paper prepared for the Workforce Solutions Board of West Central Texas, Abilene, Texas, November 2012. With Bill Culp, Associate Professor of Social Work, Emeritus, Abilene, Texas.
- The Energy Industry in West Central Texas in 2021: Perspectives of Key Industry Leaders. White Paper prepared for Workforce Solutions of West Central Texas, Abilene, Texas, October 2011. With Bill Culp, Associate Professor Social Work, Emeritus, Abilene Christian University.
- Winter, T. L. Impact/Changes for Children and Families. Plenary Presentation at the Annual Conference of the Christian Child and Family Services Association, Oklahoma City, OK, March 8, 2011.
- Winter, T. L. (Roundtable Moderator). The Role of the Accreditation Liaison. Annual Meeting of the Commission on College, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Louisville, KY, December 6, 2010.
- The Departmental Performance Review: Assessing Administrative and Academic Support Units (with T. Milholland and J. Arrington). Presentation accepted for the Annual Meeting of the Commission on College, Southern Association of Colleges and Universities, Louisville, KY, December 2010.
- Promoting Student Research in the University of the 21st Century (with T. S. Perkins). 2010 National Conference of the Council on Undergraduate Research, June 20, 2010.
- Winter, T. L. (Moderator); Garcia, S., Conner, R., King, S. (state legislator), and Kieffer, J. (state legislator). Panel on Legislative and Educational Issues Impacting Employment and Economic Development in West Central Texas. Workforce 2020: Navigating the Road to Success (Regional Workforce Summit), Abilene, Texas, June 24, 2009.
- Winter, T. L., Garcia, S., Conner, R., King, S. (state legislator), and Kieffer, J. (state legislator). Panel on Workforce Issues Facing West Central Texas. West Central Texas Workforce Board Summit, Abilene, TX, November 8, 2007.
- National Association of Social Workers
- Academy of Certified Social Workers
- Council on Social Work Education
- Licensed Master Social Worker, Advanced Clinical Practitioner