- What is Social Work?
- About the School
- Faculty & Staff
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work (BSSW)
- Master of Science in Social Work (M.S.S.W.)
- Field Education
- Financial Opportunities
- Student Opportunities
- Institute for Social/Community Development
- Aging Studies
- Contact Us
The Mission of the ACU School of Social Work
The Abilene Christian University School of Social Work seeks, within the context of a Christian higher education institution, to:
- prepare graduates as effective and ethical professionals who incorporate best evidence in practice;
- promote social justice for vulnerable persons everywhere through service and leadership roles; and
- advance social work knowledge through research and other scholarly activities.
BSSW Program Goals
Goals of the undergraduate program are:
- to educate students for generalist social work practice with diverse populations in diverse settings;
- to prepare students with a knowledge of social work values and ethics that influence practice behaviors;
- to prepare students for roles in the social work profession and in social welfare organizations on multiple levels;
- to instill in students an appreciation of human diversity and human rights within the context of human behavior in the social environment; and
- to appropriately analyze and contribute to the knowledge base for evidence-informed generalist social work practice.
MSSW Program Goals
Goals of the graduate program are:
- to educate students for advanced generalist practice from an evidence based perspective;
- to prepare graduates for leadership in the social work profession and in social welfare organizations;
- to instill in students an appreciation of human diversity that informs their practice behaviors;
- to contribute to the knowledge base for evidence-informed social welfare programs and social work practice; and
- to collaborate with community partners to promote social justice and evidence based practice.
ACU ranks 3rd among the 35 Best Value Christian Colleges with a CSWE-accredited Social Work Program in 2015. Read more