Dr. Kristen Guillory | Social Work
Kristen Guillory, Ph.D.
School of Social Work
Dr. Kristen Guillory recently joined the ACU School of Social Work faculty as an Assistant Professor. Guillory holds graduate degrees in social work from the University of Texas at Arlington, and comes to ACU from the University of North Texas in Dallas. “Dr. G,” as her students call her, is teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in the areas of Human Behavior and Research, and is chairing four advanced year graduate theses.
Guillory has extensive experience with youth and families, and has developed youth programs and conferences in the Dallas area. Her most recent field work includes serving as an Evaluation Specialist for the Dallas Independent School District and Director of Programs for the Fortress Youth Development Center. Guillory conducted research regarding school completion among African American males, and has presented at over a dozen professional and academic conferences, including the Southwestern Social Sciences Association.
“We can teach skills, but we can’t teach heart,” Guillory stated. Her experience in the social work field taught her that social workers need things beyond what can be learned in the classroom, which is why she is dedicated to encouraging students outside of the classroom as well. For Guillory, the call to further social work education in Abilene, Texas was one from God. “Everything that I thought would keep me from moving here just started working itself out,” the Dallas-native stated. “I’m looking forward to bringing my flavor to ACU, as well as learning from the faculty and staff here.”
- Sadie Dickinson ('15) Social Work
- Dr. Wayne Paris MSSW Program Director
- Jonathan Holmes ('12) Urban Studies
- Danielle Buchanan ('12, MSSW) Mental Health Specialist
- Whitney Herrington ('11) Missions / Social Work
- Milene Crossman ('12) Master of Social Work
- J. Garpue Lieway ('11) M.S. in Social Work
- Krystal Underwood ('11) Social Work/Gerontology
- Study Abroad: The World is Your Classroom
- ACU Connected: Mobile Learning
- University news, events and fun!
- Follow between issues on the magazine blog
- Follow ACU on Twitter