School of Social Work
The Abilene Christian University School of Social Work seeks, within the context of a Christian higher education institution, to prepare graduates as effective and ethical professionals who incorporate best evidence in practice; promote social justice for vulnerable persons everywhere through service and leadership roles; and, advance social work knowledge through research and other scholarly activities.
School of Social Work
Graduates of the ACU School of Social Work possess the skills necessary to effectively serve oppressed and vulnerable people and improve their quality of life. They work as change agents in a number of areas, including: health, mental health, social enterprise, public policy, politics, children and family services, child welfare, school social work, gerontology, military services, international social work, juvenile services, and criminal justice.
Graduates from the ACU School of Social Work are prepared to become leaders in their areas of interest, utilizing evidence-based interventions and contributing to the knowledge of the profession through effective and ethical practice, as well as dissemination of research and practice findings in professional journals and other venues.
Do you need ethics CEUs? Come to our workshop: Technology & Ethics in Social Work Practice. This workshop, hosted by the ACU School of Social Work, will provide 3 hours of continuing education in ETHICS for licensed social workers in Texas.
Kaitlin Pegoda ('15) | Social Work
Kaitlin Pegoda is on a mission to impact her world through research. She’s currently conducting studies at Hendrick Medical Center to gather information on how to provide interventions and proactive measures of care for people in the battle against cancer.
ACU ranks 3rd among the 35 Best Value Christian Colleges with a CSWE-accredited Social Work Program in 2015. Read more
- Kaitlin Pegoda ('15) Social Work
- Sadie Dickinson ('15) Social Work
- Dr. Wayne Paris MSSW Program Director
- Jonathan Holmes ('12) Urban Studies
- Danielle Buchanan ('12, MSSW) Mental Health Specialist
- Whitney Herrington ('11) Missions / Social Work
- Milene Crossman ('12) Master of Social Work
- J. Garpue Lieway ('11) M.S. in Social Work
- Krystal Underwood ('11) Social Work/Gerontology
- Study Abroad: The World is Your Classroom
- ACU Connected: Mobile Learning
- University news, events and fun!
- Follow between issues on the magazine blog
- Follow ACU on Twitter