Randy Beaird ('10) | Information Technology & Computing
Information technology major
from Abilene, Texas
When it came time to choose a university, ACU provided the deciding factor that Randy Beaird was searching for. ACU offered the opportunity for Beaird to combine two loves into one degree - computers and ministry.
Through the School of Information Technology and Computing or iSchool, Randy is working on a degree in information technology with a concentration in ministry.
It was really good to have a degree that matched the desires of my heart. It was something that really clicked with the plans God had for me with ministry.
"It was really good to have a degree that matched the desires of my heart," Randy said. "It was something that really clicked with the plans God had for me with ministry."
ISchool director Dr. Tim Coburn said the information technology degree gives students the flexibility to customize a degree plan. They can combine information technology with any other discipline that interests them.
Randy, a senior from Abilene, hopes to put his computer skills to good use in a church after graduating. He has recently been developing iPhone and iPad apps and hopes to specifically develop apps that churches can use.
"In order to reach people in today's world, technology needs to be used," he said. "I think it's going to be a big factor to integrate technology with sermons and other things in order to reach people."
Randy said he has received encouragement from faculty members in both information technology and ministry.
"They think it's a great need in churches today," he said. "There are a lot of possibilities when it comes to mobile technology and the church."
- Kayla Holcomb ('17) | Computer Science
- Nigel Bosch ('12) Computer Science
- Jason Huang ('12) Information Systems
- Kendall Lundschen ('11) Information Technology
- Brittany Kight ('11) Information Technology
- Amanda Greenlee ('13) Computer Science
- Darrien Grays ('09) Information Technology
- Graeme Williams ('13) Digital Entertainment & Technology
- Asa Kusuma ('12) Computer Science
- Dakota Cooper ('12) Information Systems
- Rich Tanner ('10) Information Technology
- Topher Fangio ('06) Information Technology
- Randy Beaird ('10) Information Technology
- Jace Miller ('06) Raytheon Company
- Lori Francis ('85) PepsiCo
- Joseph Quigley ('13) Computer Science
- Michael Perkins ('95) Imagine Solutions
- Tsunami Hernandez ('12) Information Systems
- Dr. John Homer Computer Science
- Chad Hutchins ('08) Computer Science
- Pamela Chance ('85) SAP Software
- Patrick Luberus ('14) Information Technology