Pamela Chance ('85) | Information Technology & Computing
Director for consulting services operations
and strategic programs at SAP
(Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing)
Pamela Chance ('85) serves as the director for consulting services operations and strategic programs at SAP (Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing), a leading global software company. Clients include Fortune 500 companies such as American Airlines, Exxon, Mobile and Coca-Cola.
"SAP is a pretty virtual company with offices across the country. More than 90 percent of the employee base is virtual. My day does not begin with driving to the office," Chance says. "My team of nine managers is not all located in Dallas; they are dispersed across the nation. All I need is my laptop, high-speed Internet and a cell phone. My key focus is to improve how we operate."
Germany-based SAP allows Chance to travel throughout the world. "I either work at home or travel to another one of our locations once or twice a month for meetings because we are a virtual, global company," says Chance. She has visited India and Germany, and received training in Paris, France.
Chance appreciates her education at ACU because students are encouraged to learn and have opportunities for multiple extra-curricular activities. "I was involved in everything," Chance says. "In the real world, you juggle multiple roles and you have to keep track of all of it. ACU gives you opportunities outside of the curriculum to foster those skills."
- Nigel Bosch ('12) Computer Science
- Jason Huang ('12) Information Systems
- Kendall Lundschen ('11) Information Technology
- Brittany Kight ('11) Information Technology
- Amanda Greenlee ('13) Computer Science
- Darrien Grays ('09) Information Technology
- Graeme Williams ('13) Digital Entertainment & Technology
- Asa Kusuma ('12) Computer Science
- Dakota Cooper ('12) Information Systems
- Rich Tanner ('10) Information Technology
- Topher Fangio ('06) Information Technology
- Randy Beaird ('10) Information Technology
- Jace Miller ('06) Raytheon Company
- Lori Francis ('85) PepsiCo
- Joseph Quigley ('13) Computer Science
- Michael Perkins ('95) Imagine Solutions
- Tsunami Hernandez ('12) Information Systems
- Dr. John Homer Computer Science
- Chad Hutchins ('08) Computer Science
- Pamela Chance ('85) SAP Software
- Patrick Luberus ('14) Information Technology