Bachelor of Science (BS) in Information Technology (IT)
If you enjoy working hands on with technology and solving problems, Information Technology might be the right degree for you.
This Degree Offers:
- Development of technical skills in the configuration, development and maintenance of technology infrastructures
- High-tech training that provides versatility in career selection, such as application development or IT administration
- Specialization in a second discipline
- High earning potential after college
Areas of Concentration:
- Application Development – focuses on a more applied approach of information technology where the skills to create and maintain web, applications, and other software
- Networking and Administration – a more hands on track that focuses on the implementation and administration of networks, databases, and other infrastructure
This major requires an 18-hour support area that complements Information Technology, such as: Business, Digital Entertainment Technology or a different area of interest to the student.
- Database development and data warehousing
- Network configuration and administration
- Data communications and telecommunications
- Internet or web development
Related Student Activities
The SITC also offers a minor in Information Technology with optional tracks of Application Development or Information Technology Administration.