Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Information Systems (IS)
If you enjoy working with business, technology and people, the degree in Information Systems may be right for you.
The undergraduate program in Information Systems is accredited through ACU’s College of Business Administration by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB), the highest accreditation body for schools of business.
- Of the more than 2,000 institutions in the world offering business degrees, only 5% have earned AACSB accreditation.
- ACU's College of Business is one of two business programs affiliated with the Churches of Christ that is AACSB accredited.
- ACU's College of Business is one of three programs among more than 100 institutions in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) that has achieved this level of academic distinction.
- Of the 40+ private schools of business in the state of Texas, ACU is one of only nine achieving this accreditation.
This Degree Offers:
- An understanding of data and information management and the technology used for structuring, analyzing and visualizing data in decision making
- Hands-on experience with SAP ERP systems and solutions used in Fortune 500 companies and mid-level businesses
- Understanding of computing platforms and data structures for integrating business systems
- Project Management training for consulting in IT, Systems and Business Process Management
- Research opportunities with COBA faculty
- Internship opportunities with technology companies and business consultants
- Growing job market and high earning potential after college
Our Information Systems program prepares students to:
- Follow Christian principles in evaluating issues and making ethical, sustainable decisions
- Demonstrate broad, integrated knowledge in core technology areas related to business, information and people
- Consider their individuality and spiritual giftedness in stewardship and service
- Exhibit critical thinking, communication, leadership, and career development appropriate for effectiveness and advancement in the field of Information Systems
- Business Analyst (Business Process and Data/Information Management)
- Analytics/Business Intelligence/Data Science
- Data Architecture/Big Data Management
- Health Care Informatics & Forensics
- Database Management, including Data Storage and ETL/ELT
- Enterprise Architect/Infrastructure Management
- IT Project Management
- Network Management
- User Interface Design
- Accounting Information Systems
- Security/Compliance (Risk Managers, Compliance Analysts)
- Executive Level Management - Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Enterprise Architect (CEA)
Related Student Activities:
ACU is an SAP University Alliance school, offering students hands-on research and learning opportunities with a leading innovator and developer of enterprise software and systems.
BBA Information Systems