Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science (CS)
If you enjoy problem solving, logic, math and the challenge of improving what computers can accomplish, then consider a degree in computer science.
This Degree Offers:
- Broad-based training in programming languages (C++) and a variety of traditional and specialized computer science subjects, following Association for Computing Machinery recommendations
- Flexibility to concentrate on scientific computing or software engineering
- An excellent foundation for graduate school and high earning potential after college
Areas of Concentration:
- Computing Theory - examines the theoretical foundations of computer science, including language design, algorithm analysis and computability. This concentration is recommended for students who will pursue graduate work in Computer Science.
- Game Development - this concentration prepares students to develop software and applications for the gaming industry.
- Software Engineering - prepares students for a more practical implementation of computer science skills, establishing a foundation to develop software and applications for consumers and industry.
- Applications programming
- Software development/engineering
- Computer forensics, artificial intelligence, and related areas
- Game development
Related Student Activities
The SITC also offers a minor in Computer Science (18 hrs).