Raymond S. Pettit, Ph.D. candidate, Instructor of Computer Science
Office: 252 Mabee Business Building
Degrees, Licenses & Certificates:
- Ph.D. in progress (Computer Science), Texas Tech University
- M.S. (Computer Science), Texas Tech University, 2005
- B.S. (Computer Science), Park University, 1995
Academic Positions Held:
- Adjunct Instructor, Abilene Christian University, 2006-present
- Research Assistant, Texas Tech University, 2004-Present
- Senior Software Engineer, Teknic, Inc., Rochester, N.Y., 2001-2004
- Senior Software Engineer, Elumens Corp., Cary, N.C., 2000-2001
- Senior Programmer/Analyst, NASA - Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., Hampton, V.A., 1998-2000
- Software Engineer, Mei Technology Corp., San Antonio, T.X., 1997-1998
- Lead Programmer - Five Fire Project, 5, Inc., Castroville, T.X., 1996-1997
- Computer Programmer, Air Force Research Laboratory, Brooks AFB, T.X.
- Ray Pettit, Robert Watson, Todd Quasny, Paul Beckling. Outdoor Mobile Robot. Circuit Cellar. March 2006.
- Mike Frazier, Raymond Pettit, DNF is Mentorable. February 2006, to be submitted to conference relating to computational learning theory.
- Raymond S. Pettit, Aniruddha Kulkarni. A Methodology for Analyzing the Compliance of Automatically Generated Code to Safety-Critical Guidelines. August 2005.
- William E. Alley, Jeffrey H. Grobman, Raymond S. Pettit. The Optimality of Sequential Personnel Assignments Using a Decision Index. Air Force Technical Paper, Report No. A295303, September 1995.
- Co-founder and board member of Sanctuary Home for Children, Inc., Abilene, T.X./Tenali, India
- President, Abilene Student Association, Texas Tech University, 2005-Present