John Homer, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Computer Science
Office: 256 Mabee Business Building
Degrees, Licenses & Certificates:
- Ph.D. (Computer Science) Kansas State University, 2009.
- M.S. (Computer Science) Kansas State University, 2006.
- B.S. (Computer Science) Harding University, 2002.
Academic Positions Held:
- Assistant Professor of Computer Science, Abilene Christian University.
- Graduate Research Assistant, Kansas State University.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Kansas State University.
Other Positions Held:
- Intern, Rockwell Collins, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Intern, Thunderhead Engineering, Manhattan, KS
- Software Developer, Shell Lubricants, Houston, TX
- Intern, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Washington, D.C.
- Intern, National Association of Insurance Commissioners, Kansas City, MO
- "A Sound and Practical Approach to Quantifying Security Risk in Enterprise Networks." John Homer, Xinming Ou and David Schmidt. Technical report. Kansas State University. August 2009.
- "SAT-Solving Approaches to Context-Aware Enterprise Network Security Management." with Xinming Ou. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), Special Issue on Network Infrastructure Configuration. to be published 2nd quarter 2009.
- "Improving Attack Graph Visualization through Data Reduction and Attack Grouping." with Ashok Varikuti, Xinming Ou, and Miles McQueen. 5th International Workshop on Visualization for Cyber Security (VizSec'08).
- "From Attack Graphs to Automated Configuation Management - An Iterative Approach." with Xinming Ou and Miles McQueen. Technical Report. Kansas State University. January 2008.
- "Process Swapping in MINIX." M.S. Thesis. Kansas State University. May 2006.