Brad Crisp, Ph.D., Director and Associate Professor of Information Systems
Office: 241 Mabee Business Building
- Ph.D. (Information Systems, minor in management), The University of Texas at Austin, 2003
- MBA, (Emphasis in change management), The University of Texas at Austin, 1998
- BBA (Accounting), Abilene Christian University, 1993
- Associate Professor of Information Systems, Abilene Christian University, 2011-present
- Assistant Professor of Information Systems, Abilene Christian University, 2006-2011
- Mobile Learning Fellow, 2008-2011
- Assistant Professor of Information Systems, Indiana University, 2003-2006
- Convertible Lecturer of Information Systems, Indiana University 2001-2002
- Teaching Assistant, The University of Texas at Austin, 1997-2001
- Consultant, Office of Government Services, Arthur Andersen, LLP, Washington, D.C., 1995-1996
- Staff Accountant, Audit & Business Advisory Services, Arthur Andersen LLP, 1993-1995
Research and Professional Interest:
- Use and impact of information technology in educational and workplace settings
- Social processes in distributed work groups, including the formation of control and trust among peers in virtual teams
- Association for Information Systems, 2000-present
- Academy of Management, 2000-present
- Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society, 2007-present
- Certified Public Accountant in the State of Maryland, 1997-2001
- Christian Business Faculty Association, 2008-present
- Management information systems
- Project management
- Systems analysis and design
- Montoya, M.M., Massey, A.P., Hung, C. and Crisp, C.B., "Can You Hear Me Now?" Communication in Virtual Product Development Teams," The Journal of Product Innovation Management (26:2), 2009.
- Polzer, J.T., Crisp, C.B., Jarvenpaa, S.L., and Kim, J.W., "Extending the Faultline Model to Geograpically Dispersed Teams: How Co-located Subgroups Can Impair Group Functioning," Academy of Management Journal, (49:4), August 2006.
- Huber, G.P. and Crisp, C.B., "Organizations, Information Systems Impact." In H. Bidgoli (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Information Systems: Volume 3 (pp. 413-426). USA: Elsevier Science, 2003.
Representative Refereed Conference Papers, Presentations and Symposia:
- Wilson, J., Crisp, C.B., and Mortensen, M., "Extending Construal Level Theory to Distributed Teams," research paper at the Academy of Management Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, 2009.
- Perkins, S., Rankin, W., Crisp, C.B., Saltsman, G., and Dickson, K., "ACU Connected: Mobile Learning with the iPhone and iPod touch 1-year later," presentation at EDUCAUSE, Denver, Colorado, 2009.
- Crisp, C.B., "Control Enactment in Global Virtual Teams," symposium paper at the Academy of Management Meeting, Denver, Colorado, 2002.
- Crisp, C.B. and Jarvenpaa, S.L., "Trust in Time: A Study of Global Virtual Teams," research paper at the Academy of Management Meeting, Toronto, Canada, 2000.
Representative Invited Presentations:
- "Case Study - ACU - iPhones in Education" with W. Rankin, Mobile Learning Conference, Washington, D.C., 2009.
- "Team Regulation and Trusting Beliefs in Virtual Teams," William & Mary Batten Conference, William & Mary College, 2004.