Why Nursing at ACU?
ACU School of Nursing educates students for lifelong learning and Christian service and leadership as professional nurses throughout the world. The Baccalaureate Degree Nursing Program is approved by the Texas Board of Nursing.
The School of Nursing educates future nurses to facilitate health and healing in a variety of healthcare settings. Students are mentored by Christian faculty and practicing nurses in a rigorous educational environment that equips them with the skills and critical thinking necessary for exceptional careers as professional nurses.
The program offers the following components for a world-class nursing education:
- Practice with state-of-the-art technology in classrooms and simulation laboratories
- Local and regional clinical experiences in acute, critical and community healthcare settings, with the option for an international experience
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with faculty on research
- Evidence-based and problem-based approaches to learning
- Community education outreach
The baccalaureate program at Abilene Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, 202-887-6791.