Why Nursing at ACU?
The mission of the ACU School of Nursing is to educate students for lifelong learning and Christian service and leadership as professional nurses throughout the world.
The School of Nursing educates future nurses to facilitate health and healing in a variety of helthcare settings. Students are mentored by Christian faculty and practicing nurses in a rigorous educational environment that equips them with the skills and critical thinking necessary for exceptional careers as registered nurses (RNs).
The program offers the following components for a world-class nursing education:
- Shadowing opportunities in hospital and private practice settings for pre-nursing and other pre-health students
- Practice with state-of-the-art technology in classrooms and simulation laboratories
- Local and regional clinical experiences in acute, critical and community healthcare settings, with the option for an international experience
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with faculty on research
- Evidence-based and problem-based approaches to learning
- Community education outreach
- NCLEX-RN test preparation