The mission of the ACU Learning Commons is to provide students an inviting and supportive environment that facilitates academic work and helps create community.
The Learning Commons assists students in academic study. Student success is our primary focus. We hire employees who not only excel at their job, but who also seek out, work alongside, and become partners with students to increase the quality of their academic study.
Fulfilling our mission is possible because of important values held by all members of the ACU community:
- God is the source of strength, purpose, and hope. Our response is to glorify Him in all things.
- People are the greatest resource. Members of the ACU community treat students, parents, colleagues, alumni and friends as they desire to be treated.
- Learning is the reason for a university and is a part of everything we do at ACU.
Achieving our mission depends upon loyalty to God, to the university, and to each person in this kingdom. Five important principles guide the way people live and learn at ACU:
- Integrity: Conduct as individuals and as a university will be trustworthy.
- Service: The motivating question behind all relationships is “How can I be of service?”
- Stewardship: God expects us to be good stewards of everything he has created.
- Involvement: Decisions and actions which are beneficial for the university require broad participation and teamwork.
- Excellence: Doing our very best requires continuous improvement and learning.
Abilene Christian University is constituted of “people with a purpose.” This is not just a clever motto; it is who we are. The ACU community is committed to “purpose-full” living.