Tsunami Dec. 2004
Abilene Christian University
- Lexis Nexis (ACU Only)
- Full text coverage of hundreds of newspapers. Search many sources at once.
Under Search Category, select "Today's News" for most immediate updates. "World News" category provides international perspective.
- Special page: Asia Quake Disaster
- Special page: After the Tsunami
See also Death Toll by Country
- National Geographic News
- Famous for worldwide coverage of nature and science stories
Special page: Tsunami in Southeast Asia: Full Coverage
- New York Times
- Some articles require payment, but they are free on other library databases.
Special page: Asia's Deadly Waves
Multimedia search lets you find audio, interactive maps, slides, and videos
- ACU Government Documents Finding Aids
- Links to catalogs, search engines, and government agency locators that specialize in finding electronic government information.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
Primary research agency for weather and environmental events worldwide
Empty Link Pacific Marine Environmental Resesarch Laboratory -- good links with special animations
Empty Link National Geophysical Data Center -- tsunami slides; general information good for background
- Provides disaster relief and financial aid to other countries. Updates, financial figures, maps on current state of U.S. relief efforts.
- Center for International Disaster Information
- American Institute of Philanthropy
- See selected list of Top-rated tsunami charities. For others, check for "open book" symbol in Charity listing for organization's willingness to share their records.
- Better Business Bureau
- See Charity Reports for organization ratings
- Charity Navigator
- Ratings based on efficiency and financial soundness. Use search or browse feature.
Contents updated: Feb. 16, 2005