- Journal Finder
- E-journals by Publisher
- E-journals by Subject
- Agricultural & Environmental Science
- Art & Design
- Bible (Philosophy, Religion)
- Biology (Pre-Med)
- Chemistry & Biochemistry (Geology)
- Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Conflict Resolution
- English (Literature)
- Kinesiology & Nutrition
- Foreign Languages (International Studies)
- History (Geography)
- Information Technology & Computing
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Marriage & Family Therapy
- Engineering & Physics (Astronomy)
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Sociology & Family Studies (Anthropology, Criminology)
- Academic Database [EBSCO] (full text) Search many databases at one time
- Academic Search Complete [EBSCO] (full text)
- American National Biography (full text)
- ArticleFirst [FirstSearch] (some full text)
- Contemporary Authors (full text)
- Contemporary Literary Criticism (full text)
- ECO [FirstSearch] (some full text)
- Electronic Journals (full text below) (Click here for All Electronic Journals)
- ERIC [EBSCO] (some full text)
- ERIC [FirstSearch] (some full text)
- ERIC [Gov't] (some full text)
- InfoTrac Custom Newspapers [Gale] (full text)
- IngentaConnect (some full text)
- Literature Resource Center [Gale] (full text)
- MasterFILE Premier [EBSCO] (full text)
- MLA International Bibliography [EBSCO] (some full text)
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Twentieth Century American Poetry [Proquest] (full text)
- Twentieth Century English Poetry [Proquest] (full text)
- WorldCat [FirstSearch] Search for books
For a complete list of online journals, see Journal Finder
American Literature (1929-), ASC (12-month full text delay)
American Literary History (1989-2001), JSTOR
American Literary History (2000-), JHUP
Callaloo (1976-2005), JSTOR
Callaloo (1995-), JHUP
College English (1939-2007), JSTOR
College English (1987-), NCTE
College Literature (2003-), JHUP
Comparative Literature Studies (1999-), JHUP
Contemporary Literature (1968-2007), JSTOR
Contemporary Literature (2004-), JHUP
Early American Literature (2000-), JHUP
Editor & Publisher (1994-), ASC
ELH: English Literary History (1934-2005), JSTOR
ELH: English Literary History (1993-), JHUP
Frontiers: A Journal of Women's Studies (1975-2005), JSTOR
Frontiers: A Journal of Women's Studies (2001-), JHUP
Journal of American Folklore (1888-2005), JSTOR
Journal of American Folklore (2001-), JHUP
Journal of Modern Literature (1998-), JHUP
Kenyon Review (1979-), ASC
Language (1925-2005), JSTOR
Language (2001-), JHUP
Language and Literature (1999-), Sage
Literature and Theology (1999-), Oxford University Press
MELUS (1974-2009), JSTOR
MELUS (1991-), ASC
Milton Quarterly (1997-), Wiley
MLN: Modern Language Notes (1993-), JHUP
The Modern Language Journal (2003-), Wiley
Modern Language Quarterly (1940-), ASC (12-month full text delay)
Modern Philology (1903-), JSTOR
Modernism/modernity (1994-), JHUP
New Literary History (1995-), JHUP
Nineteenth-Century Literature (1986-2007), JSTOR
Notes and Queries (1999-), Oxford University Press
Philosophy and Literature (1995-), JHUP
Philosophy and Rhetoric (1995-), JHUP
Postmodern Culture (1990-), JHUP
Prairie Schooner (2003-), JHUP
PMLA: Publications of the Modern Language Association (1889-2005), JSTOR
PMLA: Publications of the Modern Language Association (2002-), MLA
Renaissance Quarterly (1967-), JSTOR
The Review of English Studies (1925-2000), JSTOR
The Review of English Studies (1999-), Oxford University Press
Rhetoric Review (1982-2005), JSTOR
Rhetoric Review (2001-), ASC (12-month full text delay)
SEL Studies in English Literature, 1500-1900 (1961-2005), JSTOR
SEL Studies in English Literature, 1500-1900 (1999-), JHUP
SAQ South Atlantic Quarterly (1997-), ASC (12-month full text delay)
Shakespeare Quarterly (1950-2005), JSTOR
Shakespeare Quarterly (2001-), JHUP
Studies in Philology (1906-2007), JSTOR
Studies in Philology (2003-), JHUP
Twentieth-Century Literature (1955-2007), JSTOR
Twentieth-Century Literature (1975-), ASC
Victorian Studies (1974-), ASC
World Literature Today (1990-), ASC
The Yale Journal of Criticism (1996-2005), JHUP
- Adriana Cracium-- Women Romantic-Era Writers - http://craciun.ucr.edu/women-romantic-era-writers/ - Links to electronic texts and other sources focusing on women of the Romantic era.
- Bartleby.com: Great Books Online - http://www.bartleby.com/ - Select reference, poetry, fiction and non-fiction full text sources that are searchable.
- EServer.org: Accessible Writing - http://eserver.org - A comprehensive site on culture, literature, and media, with e-texts and three original online journals.
- Hamlet Haven: An Online, Annotated Bibliography - http://purl.fcla.edu/fcla/etd/SFE0000036 - A masters thesis from the University of South Florida containing a comprehensive annotated bibliography focusing on scholarly resources for Hamlet, including major characters: Claudius, Gertrude, The Ghost, Hamlet, Horatio, Laertes, Ophelia, Polonius, and Yorick. Also covers subjects including: Art, Carnival, Duel, Final Scene, Friendship, Law, The Mousetrap, Music, Ophelia's Murder(er), Parenthood, Proverbs, and the "To be" Soliloquy.
- Internet Public Library: Literary Criticism - http://www.ipl.org/div/litcrit/ - Contains links to critical and biographical sites about various authors and their works.
- Literary Resources on the Net (Lynch) - http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/Lit/ - Links to web sites dealing with English and American literature, excluding single electronic texts and most poetry journals. Maintained by Jack Lynch of Rutgers University in New Jersey.
- Medieval Women and Gender Index - http://inpress.lib.uiowa.edu/feminae/Default.aspx - Index to journal articles, book reviews and essays about women in the Middle Ages.
- Medieval Sourcebook - http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/sbook.html - An index to selected and excertped Medieval texts organized by subject, full-text, a hagiographical database, and more. Maintained by the Fordham University Center for Medieval studies.
- National Council of Teachers of English - http://www.ncte.org/ - Organization with over 60,000 members of teachers of English who strive to advance language arts education. (Discounted student membership rates are available.)
- NYPL, Digital Library - http://www.nypl.org/digital - The New York Public Library's digitized collections online including book illustrations, book jacket images, illuminated manuscripts, Walt Whitman manuscripts, William Blake Illustrated Books, and much more.
- Postcolonial and Postimperial Literature - http://www.postcolonialweb.org/ - A wealth of information on Postcolonial and Postimperial literature in English, featuring links, bibliographies, and essays by professors and students.
- Repositories of Primary Sources - http://www.lib.uidaho.edu/special-collections/index.html - A listing of over 4,900 websites describing holdings of manuscripts, archives, rare books, historical photographs, and other primary sources for the research scholar.
- Romantic Circles - http://www.rc.umd.edu/ - A vibrant, collaborative, scholarly website devoted to the study of Romantic literature and culture.
- Storytellers: Native American Authors Online - http://www.hanksville.org/storytellers/ - An index to sites and information on hundreds of Native American writers organized alphabetically and by tribe.
- The Victorian Women Writers Project - http://www.indiana.edu/~letrs/vwwp/ - Contains transcribed original works of 19th century British women authors, including anthologies, novels, political pamphlets, religious tracts, children's books and volumes of poetry.
- The Walt Whitman Archive - http://jefferson.village.virginia.edu/whitman/ - Contains criticism, reviews, images, archival material, bibliographies, and other sources dedicated to Walt Whitman.