[MS 5] James F. Cox
President of Abilene Christian College,
Box 1 - James F. Cox, Thesis
- This box contains a handwritten copy of a thesis entitled The College Curriculum in Texas, by James Franklin Cox. It was written in 1911, one of the first years that the University of Texas offered a Master's degree in education.
Box 2 - Miscellaneous Materials of James F. Cox
- Plaque, copper plate inscribed, "Margaret Cox, in memory of her service, C.S.O."
- Book, Teaching God's Word, by James F. Cox, 1939. Inscribed, "To Don H. Morris with grateful appreciation of his service of Christian education, James F. Cox, 5/31/39." -- missing 03.27.1989
- Book, Biography of James F. Cox, 1935-1936, by Margaret Moss. Also has a note, "A fairly accurate biography, J.F.C." -- missing 03.27.1989
- Folder, "ACC Biography. Cox, James F."
- Book, ABC of Japanese Art, Board of Tourist Industry, Japanese Government Railways, 1937.
- Envelope (empty) from Egypt addressed to Mr. James F. Cox.
- Envelope from Jerusalem, 1936, containing nine little folders holding pressed flowers gathered from around Bethlehem.
- Copy of The New York Herald (fragile), New York, Saturday, April 15, 1865, telling of President Lincoln's assassination.
- Book, Latin grammar textbook with no title page. James Cox's signature is on the inside cover.
- Speech on tape, "Sammy's Letter/James." 07.28.1950 -- transcript included.
- Outline studies of the Old Testament by James F. Cox.
Box 3 - James F. Cox: Books
- Cubberly, Ellwood P. The Principal and His School. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Co., 1923.
- Hyde, William DeWitt. The School Speaker and Reader. Boston: Ginn & Co., 1900.
- Pack, Frank, ed. Our Bible. Abilene: Abilene Christian College, 1953. (Inscribed by Cox to Mary Cox Haggard, his sister)
Box 4 - Presidential Papers of James F. Cox
- Account by President Cox to the Board of Trustees about his stewardship.
- Board of Trustees reports by President Cox (1936-1940)
- Budget submitted to Board of Trustees, 02.19.1936. This was the first time for an ACC president to do so.
- Commencement programs, 1934 spring and summer.
- Dedicatory program for James F. Cox.
- Faculty of ACC, by James F. Cox.
- Gospel Advocate, 02.02.1956 - containing ACC history.
- Letter from Don Morris about President Cox, 02.15.1939.
- Letter from J.G. Hardin about the death of Mrs. Hardin, 10.02.1935.
- Letter to J.S. Arledge about the financial condition of the administration, 02.25.1931.
- Letter to President Cox concerning the honorary degree of C.R. Nichols and Charles H. Roberson - March, 1940
- List of seniors for 1935 Spring Commencement.
- "Plans For a Greater Abilene Christian College," 1936.
- President's Report to Board of Trustees, 01.11.1940.
- Remarks at chapel concerning J.G. Hardin Memorial.
- Resignation letter, 08.28.1935.
- Transcript - "Letter From Sam."