Emily Moses, BA (’14): Emily is pursuing her Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing at The American University in Washington, D.C. She is also Editor and Chief of Café Americain and Nonfiction Editor of Folio Literary Magazine.
- Jessika Allen, BA (’14): Jessi was hired to teach Spanish by Fort Worth Christian School right after graduating from ACU. She was asked to sponsor one of the school’s mission trips to Cuzco, Peru in late April 2015. She has also been asked to be the translator for other school groups.
- Elena Kua, BA (’09) and MA (’14): Elena is currently freelancing as an editor-writer in Malaysia. She has had opportunities to write and edit web content, worked as a ghostwriter for a university official, and has served as editor for a novel-in-progress.
- Christina Johnson, BA (’11) and MA (’13): Christina has worked as an Associate Producer, Writer, and Researcher for AMS Pictures, producing shows for HGTV, History Channel, Food Network, Reelz, and PBS. Christina has also worked in the Story Development Departments of Walt Disney Studios, The Kennedy/Marshall Company, and Lucasfilms. She currently works in advertising and marketing for JCPenney.
- See Huang Lim, BA (’11) and MA (’13): After graduating from ACU, See Huang moved to Malaysia and has started an English tutoring business that mainly serves Japanese expats living in the country.
- Suzanne Shedd, BA (’11) and MA (’13): As an instructional designer for MLink Technologies, Suzanne designs web-training courses for companies such as Microsoft, Pizza Hut, Kohl's, and FedEx Office. With her experience in e-learning, she also helps to write the courses' content.
- Juliana Kocsis, BA (’12): Juliana has an M.A. in English, with an emphasis in Composition/Rhetoric, from North Carolina State University. She teaches in the NCSU Department of Foreign Languages, specifically writing and research classes for international students.
- Claire Free, BA (’12): As the web division manager for Riafox, Inc., Claire communicates between clients and web developers to deliver innovative websites and online marketing strategies on time and under budget. She also provides marketing copy, proposals, newsletters, and press releases.
- Allison Garde, BA (’12): After graduating from ACU, Allison worked as a grant researcher and writer for three different non-profits. She is now living in Cincinnati, OH and teaching English at a private high school.
- Luke Baty, BA (’09) and MA (’11): After earning both a B.A. and M.A. in English at ACU, Luke attended the Pepperdine University School of Law, graduating in May 2014. Luke is now an assistant district attorney for Harris County, TX.
- Bethany Bradshaw, BA (’11): Bethany earned her MA in English from North Carolina State University, and spent ten months abroad on a Fulbright ETA grant to teach English in Canakkale, Turkey. She is currently earning TESOL Certification from N. C. State University while lecturing in their Department of Foreign Languages.
- Jessica Williams, BA (’11): Since 2011, Jessica has worked Public Relations for a local nonprofit in Auburn, AL but will soon be relocating to Atlanta, GA where she will pursue a Juris Doctorate from Georgia State University.
- Matt Worthington, BA (’09): Matt is the Digital Learning Coordinator at KIPP Austin Public Schools. He received a M.Ed. degree from George Mason University, and served as a Teach for America Corps member in Washington, DC. During his three years in that role, Matt served as a literacy intervention specialist, special education teacher, IT coordinator, and wrote successful funding proposals.
Since ACU's founding in 1906, graduates in English have gone on to distinguished careers in academics, writing, business, and ministry.
- Dr. Jill Patterson-Baugh; Assistant Professor of English, Texas Tech University, and founding editor of The Dark Horse Literary Review
- Dr. Wilkes Berry, class of 1960; Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, Texas Woman's University
- Dr. Stanton Calvert, class of 1965; Vice Chancellor for Governmental Relations, The Texas A&M University System
- Dr. Joe Cash, class of 1962; Chair, Department of Languages, McNeese State University
- Dr. James W. Culp, class of 1949; former Executive Secretary of the Conference of College Teachers of English; former Associate Dean of Arts and Sciences at Texas Tech University; retired ACU Distinguished Professor of English
- J. Stephen Gilbert, staff attorney for Valero Energy Corp., San Antonio
- Howard Mohr, class of 1961; writer for "The Prairie Home Companion" radio show, Cottonwood, Minnesota.
- Dr. Paul Parrish, class of 1966; former Executive Director, South-Central Modern Language Association; Associate Dean and Professor, College of Liberal Arts, Texas A&M University
- Richard Shelton, class of 1956; Professor of English, University of Arizona; twice nominated for the Pulitzer Prize in Poetry.
- Dr. Timothy Summerlin, class of 1968; Chair, Department of English and Foreign Language, Lamar University
- Commander Darrel Wesley, class of 1988, has served two tours in Iraq with the Marines and is currently serving as senior Chaplain on Board the USS Ronald Reagan.