Apply to the Honors College
Admission to the Honors College for entering freshmen is determined by several factors (see below), and space is limited. The deadline to apply is March 1, but we recommend that you apply earlier. Applicants will be notified by mail if they have been accepted.
How to Apply
- Apply to Abilene Christian University and gain admittance.
- Acquire two academic references using this reference form.
NOTE: There is no additional Honors application; we will use your general ACU application to determine exam scores and other necessary information.
Admission to the Honors College is competitive. Consideration will be given to the following:
- Entrance exam scores (ACT/SAT)
- High School GPA and class rank
- Other evidence of high aptitude and motivation, including academic accomplishments and extracurricular experiences as indicated on the university's application for admission.
- A writing score from either the student's SAT or ACT.
- The personal statement completed on the application for admission to the university.
- Two academic references.
Students who are currently enrolled at ACU or are transferring to ACU from another undergraduate institution may contact the Honors College for instructions to apply.
These and any other questions about admission to the ACU Honors College can be directed to the Honors College Coordinator, Katie Smith.
Study America - Boston
ACU's mission is to educate students for Christian service and leadership throughout the world.
Satisfy your curiosity about what it means to live and learn at ACU!
Apply to ACU
Read Our Blog
Stay connected to the latest discussions, happenings and updates in the Honors College.