For students who have particular learning interests not addressed by one of the tracks, or whose ministry contexts suggest other areas of attention for a D.Min. program, a generalist program is available. In consultation with the D.Min. Director, a student can customize a program to fit his or her desired research goals and ministerial practices. Drawing from the courses offered, a student could pursue any number of directions for inquiry. As in our other tracks, an appropriate mentor will be assigned to each student.
Students who choose this track, in consultation with the D.Min. Director, will select a mentor who has experience in areas of the student's expressed interest.
Degree Plan for Generalist Degree
- BIBM 701: Doctor of Ministry Orientation
Core Requirements (6 hours)
- BIBM 702: Biblical and Theological Foundations of Ministry
- BIBM 740: Practical Theology for Ministerial Leadership
Method and Project/Thesis (9 hours)
- BIBM 740: Project/Thesis Seminar I (1 hour)
- BIBM 740: Project/Thesis Seminar II (2 hours)
- BIBM 799: DMin Project Thesis (6 hours; includes an oral exam)
Ministry Electives (18 hours)
- Select any 6 electives (see Curriculum page for course listing)
Spiritual Formation (0 hours)
- Retreat I
- Retreat II
- Mentoring throughout the program
Subscribe to News
Sign up to receive email updates from ACU's Doctor of Ministry program.