The Pruett Gerontology Center offers instruction, service-learning and partnership with faith-based and community-based programs, preparing students for Christian leadership in the field of aging. The Certificate of Aging Studies program is available to students in all disciplines.
As the American population ages, the Pruett Gerontology Center educates and equips ACU students and the local community to respond to the coming changes, challenges and opportunities.
The Center offers the following services and resources:
- Certificate in Aging Studies, which supports the interests of a variety of career paths and complements degrees in other disciplines
- Opportunities to become involved with volunteer work and practicums with local businesses, government agencies and non-profit ministries focused on enriching the lives of the elderly
- Assistance to churches locally and nationwide in developing ministries with mature adults in their congregations
- Seminars and workshops that support local caregivers and care providers
- Resource materials for ministries and caregivers
- Developing senior adult survey
- Educational conferences
2013 Images of Aging Winners Announced
What a fantastic year for photos! With all ACU students eligible to participate, it was great to see 15 different departments represented. Congratulations to winners Tara Holland (Interior Design), Allye Foster (Communication), Asia Todd (Journalism and Mass Communication), Deanna Romero (International Studies), Theo Omileru (Pre-Architecture) and Brandy Rains (Art). Please visit the Images of Aging blog to see these photos and our 2013 gallery featuring work done by all our entrants.
Images of Aging
- Follow between issues on the magazine blog
- Summit set for Sept. 20-23
- Online Graduate Programs
- Study Abroad: The World is Your Classroom
- Forbes ranks ACU in Top 10% of U.S. colleges
- ACU renewed as Apple Distinguished Program
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Abound
- ACU en Español
- Follow ACU on Twitter
- University news, events and fun!