Leadership Summit 2016
Leadership Summit is a January short course that takes place during winter break in the mountains of Colorado on January 2-8, 2016. This unique opportunity offers a blend of dynamic speakers, practical application, skill building, and spiritual insight, all designed to equip students for leadership in the family, in their community, and in the marketplace. Interest meeting dates will be announced in the fall semester.
World-Renowned Guest Speakers
One of the most unique aspects of Summit is the opportunity it provides for students to not only hear from great speakers, but also to get to know them as individuals. In fact, students are able to spend time talking with speakers one on one and sharing meals with them.
Last year’s speakers included:
- John Aden, Executive Vice President of Sales Innovation for Walmart U.S.
- Kent & Amber Brantly, Medical Missionaries at ELWA Hospital in Monrovia, Liberia with Samaritan’s Purse
- Mike Haley, Program Director for Focus on the Family’s Highly Capable Kids
- Elise Mitchell, founder and CEO, Mitchell Communications Group and CEO, Dentsu Aegis Public Relations Network
- Eric Pillmore, retired Senior Advisor to the Deloitte Center for Corporate Governance
- Stephen Quinn, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer for Walmart U.S.
- John Stonestreet, Speaker and Fellow of the Chuck Colson Center for Christian Worldview
- Michael Tremain, President and CEO, Westbrook Services Corportation
We are currently working on the line up of speakers for 2016. Please check back on this page as we add confirmed speakers in the next few months.
Read more aboutLeadership Summit in these blog posts written by a student who attended.
Leadership Summit is held at the beautiful Frontier Ranch, which is one of the best kept secrets in the Rocky Mountains. The unique combination of breathtaking vistas, wonderful amenities, game room, ropes course, hot springs pool and the treetop swing affectionately named “the Screamer” all make Frontier Ranch the ideal setting for Leadership Summit.
What Students Are Saying
Leanne Blair, a 2014 Master of Accountancy at ACU graduate, thoroughly enjoyed Leadership Summit when she attended in 2012. “The best part about Leadership Summit is the speakers,” said Leanne. “[COBA] does a phenomenal job at getting influential speakers to Summit that you get to interact with on a personal level. You’re given the opportunity to hear lectures, ask questions and just hang out with big time CEO’s, presidents and the like, who openly share how they have integrated faith and business. It’s a rare opportunity where you and your peers can grow in faith together… in COLORADO! Oh and there’s great food.”
Many of our students, like Leanne, say that Leadership Summit is one of the most transformational experiences they have had at ACU. We would love for you to join us at Summit!
- Leadership Summit 2016 will be held January 2-8, 2016.
- Interest meetings will be held on Sept. 23 and Oct. 21, 2015 in MBB room 301 from 11-11:50am. Students will be advised of interest meetings through our COBA newsletter, social media, and the digital screens throughout Mabee Business Building.
- Cost for Leadership Summit is $700 for the program fee and $500 if the student chooses the airfare package (roundtrip airfare from DFW to COS, including a bus shuttle from COS to Buena Vista). Deposits are $100 for program fee and $100 for the airfare package.
- You do not need to be a business major to attend.
- No business pre-requisites are required to attend.
- 3 hour course credit is given for BUSA 435 Christian Leadership Perspectives.
The class has a limited enrollment. Students will be admitted on a first-come basis and must be in good standing with ACU. To apply, print and complete the application below and return it to the COBA Connections office. You may also bring the application to one of the interest meetings.
If you wish to audit the class, you must complete an audit form in the Registrar’s Office.
For more information, call 325-674-2502 or email Nuria Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.