Leadership Summit 2014
Leadership Summit is a January short course that takes place during winter break in the mountains of Colorado on January 4-10, 2014. This unique opportunity offers a blend of dynamic speakers, practical application, skill building, and spiritual insight, all designed to equip students for leadership in the family, in their community, and in the marketplace. Interest meeting dates will be announced in the fall semester.
World-Renowned Guest Speakers
One of the most unique aspects of Summit is the opportunity it provides for students to not only hear from great speakers, but also to get to know them as individuals. In fact, students are able to spend time talking with speakers one on one and sharing meals with them.
The 2014 speakers include:
- Wess Stafford, President Emeritus of Compassion International
- Rich McClure, President of UniGroup and CEO of United Van Lines
- John Aden, Executive Vice President of Merchandise Services for Wal-Mart, U.S.
- Jim Daly, President of Focus on the Family
- April Anthony, Founder and CEO of Encompass Home Health and Homecare Homebase
- Mike Haley, Director, Olive Crest, Los Angeles, CA
Read more about Leadership Summit 2013 in these blog posts written by a student who attended.
Leadership Summit is held at the beautiful Frontier Ranch, which is one of the best kept secrets in the Rocky Mountains. The unique combination of breathtaking vistas, wonderful amenities, game room, ropes course, hot springs pool and the treetop swing affectionately named “the Screamer” all make Frontier Ranch the ideal setting for Leadership Summit.
What Students Are Saying
Leanne Blair, who is now pursuing her Master of Accountancy at ACU, thoroughly enjoyed Leadership Summit when she attended in 2012. “The best part about Leadership Summit is the speakers,” said Leanne. “[COBA] does a phenomenal job at getting influential speakers to Summit that you get to interact with on a personal level. You’re given the opportunity to hear lectures, ask questions and just hang out with big time CEO’s, presidents and the like, who openly share how they have integrated faith and business. It’s a rare opportunity where you and your peers can grow in faith together… in COLORADO! Oh and there’s great food.”
Many of our students, like Leanne, say that Leadership Summit is one of the most transformational experiences they have had at ACU. We would love for you to join us at Summit!
- Leadership Summit 2014 will be held January 4-10, 2014
- Interest meeting dates will be announced during the fall semester
- You do not need to be a business major to attend
- No business pre-requisites are required to attend
- 3 hour course credit is given for BUSA 435 Christian Leadership Perspectives
The class has a limited enrollment. Students will be admitted on a first-come basis and must be in good standing with ACU. To apply, print and complete the application below and return it to the COBA Connections office. You may also bring the application to one of the interest meetings.
If you wish to audit the class, you must complete an audit form in the Registrar’s Office.
For more information, call 325-674-2502 or email Nuria Hall at email@example.com.
Distinguished Speakers Series
Sign Up for Email News:
* Business News
* Leadership Summit
* Speaker Series