E.J. Johnson IV ('11) | Business Marketing
from Frisco, Texas
The spirit of community is important to E.J. Johnson. So when he came to ACU, he jumped right in - both at the university and in the larger Abilene community.
"I think the college student impact in the community is vital," he says. "I believe for other youth to see and interact with college youth can be a powerful and life-changing experience."
E.J.'s passion is fostering multicultural understanding.
At ACU, he has served as president of Hispanos Unidos and SAAB (Students of African American Brotherhood), as well as event coordinator for Essence of Ebony and treasurer of the American Marketing Association.
He's planned a number of events such as Entra a la Plaza, which allows ACU students and the Abilene community to learn about the diverse cultures represented in the Big Country. He also is a Big Brother with Big Brothers Big Sisters.
The idea of getting involved was ingrained in him at an early age. "I've been taught by my parents to always take time out and give back," he says.
Within ACU's College of Business Administration, E.J. found a Christian community that offered exceptional academic opportunities, including two marketing internships.
Last fall, he was social media intern for Aramark's marketing department.
"I created a pilot social media program for ACU Dining Services that will be used as the basis for several other social media programs at other Aramark accounts at other universities," he says.
And this summer he will intern with CBS studios in New York City in the sales and marketing department.
His experience in COBA has taught him the importance of holding firm to his standards.
"I understand the business world and the business experience is bigger than a ‘me experience,’ " he says. "ACU taught me how to have a successful career without releasing my Christian faith."
Distinguished Speakers Series
Sign Up for Email News:
* Business News
* Leadership Summit
* Speaker Series
- Dr. Laura Phillips College of Business Administration
- Leah Jones Knippel ('99) Freedom Stones founded by ACU grads to fight human trafficking
- E.J. Johnson ('11) Marketing
- Amy Morris ('14) Accounting & Finance
- Brandon Bartee ('06) Financial Management
- Kara Jenkins ('10) Master of Accountancy
- Chris Norton ('10) Business Management
- ACU grads fight human trafficking abroad
- Tyler Sutphen ('12) Business Marketing
- Stephen Powell ('10) Jason Boone ('10)
- Chad Hutchins ('08) Computer Science
- Breanna Anderson ('11) Business Marketing
- Jenni Burks ('11) Accounting & Finance
- Kyle McVey ('09) Master of Accountancy
- Katie Alford ('99) Business Finance
- Chelsea Johnson ('10) Master of Accountancy
- Caitlin Winegeart ('11) Master of Accountancy
- Allison Connor ('02) Accounting & Finance
- Krissy Heavin ('09) Business Marketing
- Tony Roach ('01) Business Marketing
- Brad Neathery ('11) Business Marketing
- Kevan Kirksey ('09) Accounting
- Aimee Luallin ('09) Business Marketing