Corinne Woodruff ('12) | College of Business Administration
from Conroe, Texas
What have been your responsibilities as an intern in the University Events office?
Most of the time I do office work, including answering the phones, faxing and running errands, the normal office things, but I also help set up and tear down for events, clean vases, and occasionally help build centerpieces. One of the most intriguing parts of being an intern is having the opportunity to attend most of the events that are held at the Hunter Welcome Center.
What's your favorite part of your internship?
My favorite part of working as an intern at the University Events office is having the opportunity to learn the details of planning an entire event from the time it is booked through clean up. I am, by nature, an organizer and planner of events for my friends and family, so I enjoy learning even more about that. I also love getting to meet the great people that I have met while working here!
How have you been able to use what you've learned in the classroom in the actual world of event planning and executing?
I have learned a lot in the classroom that I would be able to use in the event planning world - the most important would be how to organize and manage my time and priorities. The pace of the "events world" is so fast - right before the time an event starts is simply crazy! The most important thing is to please the people you are holding the event for and make sure they have everything they expected. As a business management major, satisfying customers is very important.
How has this experience shaped what you want to do when you graduate from ACU?
Before I became an intern I had a dream of owning my own bakery - I love to bake and to help people celebrate special events. Now that I've been here for a couple months and seen a larger perspective, I think I will still enjoy baking special cakes, but on top of that have my own event planning service. I'd like to live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and work weddings and other events that will help people celebrate the things in their lives that are special! I love to see happy people!
- Dr. Laura Phillips College of Business Administration
- Leah Jones Knippel ('99) Freedom Stones founded by ACU grads to fight human trafficking
- E.J. Johnson ('11) Marketing
- Amy Morris ('14) Accounting & Finance
- Brandon Bartee ('06) Financial Management
- Kara Jenkins ('10) Master of Accountancy
- Chris Norton ('10) Business Management
- ACU grads fight human trafficking abroad
- Tyler Sutphen ('12) Business Marketing
- Stephen Powell ('10) Jason Boone ('10)
- Chad Hutchins ('08) Computer Science
- Breanna Anderson ('11) Business Marketing
- Jenni Burks ('11) Accounting & Finance
- Kyle McVey ('09) Master of Accountancy
- Katie Alford ('99) Business Finance
- Chelsea Johnson ('10) Master of Accountancy
- Caitlin Winegeart ('11) Master of Accountancy
- Allison Connor ('02) Accounting & Finance
- Krissy Heavin ('09) Business Marketing
- Tony Roach ('01) Business Marketing
- Brad Neathery ('11) Business Marketing
- Kevan Kirksey ('09) Accounting
- Aimee Luallin ('09) Business Marketing