Andrew Harmon ('09) | College of Business Administration
from Aledo, Texas
Andrew Harmon stayed in Texas last summer but got a taste of global enterprise during his internship with Accenture, a Fortune 500 company with more than 186,000 employees in 49 countries. The international firm provides management consulting, technology services and outsourcing for other companies.
There were only two people on the team that I came in contact with personally. Everything else was done over the phone and on the Internet.
Andrew's internship was based in Las Colinas, but he was placed on a team of 14 employees worldwide who worked together as part of the company's internal finance department. Seven of his team members were in Buenos Aires, one was in Germany, two were in New York City, one was in Chicago and two others were in Dallas with Andrew.
"It was a very cool experience," Andrew said. "There were only two people on the team that I came in contact with personally. Everything else was done over the phone and on the Internet."
Andrew went through an extensive interview process for the job, which Business Week magazine rated No. 16 on their list of best internships in the country. He applied through ACU's CareerLink and also gave his resume to an Accenture representative who was on campus for a presentation. After three phone interviews and two face-to-face interviews in Las Colinas, Andrew was offered the slot.
Though interning at such a large firm might seem daunting, Andrew said his classes at ACU fully prepared him. His COBA professors, most of whom have professional experience outside the classroom, incorporate real-life examples into what they teach, Andrew said.
"To me, it was huge to be able to step into my internship and feel confident with what I had learned at ACU," he said. "I knew what I needed to know to add value to their company while I was there."
Please join us as we celebrate the May 2016 graduating class at the COBA Senior Dinner on Friday, May 6th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. in Hunter Welcome Center. Graduating Seniors will receive one free ticket by registering separately. Family and friends may purchase tickets for the event for $20, click here. Please RSVP by Friday, April 29th. Business dress is requested.
- Dr. Laura Phillips College of Business Administration
- Leah Jones Knippel ('99) Freedom Stones founded by ACU grads to fight human trafficking
- E.J. Johnson ('11) Marketing
- Amy Morris ('14) Accounting & Finance
- Brandon Bartee ('06) Financial Management
- Kara Jenkins ('10) Master of Accountancy
- Chris Norton ('10) Business Management
- ACU grads fight human trafficking abroad
- Tyler Sutphen ('12) Business Marketing
- Stephen Powell ('10) Jason Boone ('10)
- Chad Hutchins ('08) Computer Science
- Breanna Anderson ('11) Business Marketing
- Jenni Burks ('11) Accounting & Finance
- Kyle McVey ('09) Master of Accountancy
- Katie Alford ('99) Business Finance
- Chelsea Johnson ('10) Master of Accountancy
- Caitlin Winegeart ('11) Master of Accountancy
- Allison Connor ('02) Accounting & Finance
- Krissy Heavin ('09) Business Marketing
- Tony Roach ('01) Business Marketing
- Brad Neathery ('11) Business Marketing
- Kevan Kirksey ('09) Accounting
- Aimee Luallin ('09) Business Marketing