Entrepreneur Speaker Series
The Griggs Center hosts the Entrepreneur Speaker Series to provide students the opportunity to hear from and interact with a number of accomplished and aspiring entrepreneurs throughout the year.
About the Entrepreneur Speaker Series
The Griggs Center’s Entrepreneur Speaker Series includes a number of events throughout the academic year that bring entrepreneurs to ACU’s campus to share their entrepreneurial journey, discuss current issues facing entrepreneurs, and engage in discussions with students. Events are generally held during lunch or early evening and give students an opportunity to interact directly with entrepreneurs.
Past speakers have included Blake Mycoskie (Founder, Chief Shoe Giver of TOMS Shoes), Jessica Jackley (Co-Founder of Kiva.org), William E. (Bill) Greehey (Founder of Valero Energy and Chairman of NuStar Energy), and more.
The Entrepreneur Speaker Series is planned in conjunction with ACU’s chapter of the Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization (CEO). Members are given priority and special access to certain guest entrepreneurs. Learn more about the benefits of being a CEO member and how to register online.
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Mr. Tom Love, Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores
COBA, Room 201
11 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Tom Love founded Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores in 1964 after serving in the U.S. Marine Corps and attending St. Johns University and the University of Oklahoma. He holds an honorary doctorate in Commercial Science from Oklahoma City University.
Under Mr. Love’s leadership, and with the help of his three children who are employed with the company, Love’s has grown to more than 320 stores in more than 39 states and to the number nine spot on Forbes Magazines’ 2012 list of America’s largest private companies.
- J. Mark Ducum, Owner and President of Double Creek Capital, Ltd.
- Darbie Angell, Founder of CRU Dinnerware
- April Anthony, Founder of Encompass Home Health
- Dan Austin, Founder of 88bikes.com
- Janie Barrera, Founding President and CEO ACCION Texas Inc.
- Jerry Browder, Founder and President of Signet Health
- Alan Brown, Senior Vice President and Director of FireWheel Energy
- Jarrod Brown, Co-Founder of Mission Lazarus
- David Bruce, Founder of CEO of Alliance Recruiter Resources
- Ryan Dunagan, Co-Founder of Stoodify
- Wade Floyd, Founder of NeedTo.com
- William E. Greehey, Founder of Valero and NuStar Energy
- Chad Hutchins, two-time winner of ACU's Springboard Challenge, Co-Founder of Sheepdog
- Jessica Jackley, Co-Founder of Kiva.org
- Mark Jacobs, Founder of His Chase Foundation
- Jayson Johnson, Entrepreneur and Community Developer
- Terry Johnson, Founder, President & CEO of Ads4Next.com
- Keith Kreuer, Principal at Red House Associates
- Garrett and Jessica Mayfield, Founders of Wednesday Custom Design
- Blake McKoskie, Founder of and Chief Shoe Giver of TOMS Shoes
- Cayce Powell, Co-Founder of President of Thompson and Associates
- Mark Powell, Outlaws and Legends
- Gary Schoeniger, Co-Founder and CEO of The Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative
- R. Paul Sprague, Chairman of Warwick Group, Inc.
- Cade Thompson, Founder of Halo Group, Inc.
- Toby Thomas, Founder and President of EnSite Solutions, LLC
- Paul Vinyard, Founder and Owner, Babe's Chicken Dinner House, Bubba's, and Sweetie Pie's Ribeye's
Connect on Facebook
Follow the news and updates from the Griggs Center.
Register Now for our mini-business plan competition, Springboard Ideas Challenge.