Matthew K. Rose
We're excited to host Matt Rose of BNSF Railway Company as our spring 2015 Distinguished speaker! Join us on April 7th for the Distinguished Speaker Series luncheon at 11:45 a.m. in the Hunter Welcome Center.
Matthew K. Rose is the Executive Chairman of BNSF Railway Company after having served thirteen years as chief executive officer and eleven years as chairman--during which time BNSF became a Berkshire Hathaway-owned company in 2010.
In June 1999, Rose was made president and chief operating officer. For almost two years prior to that, he served as senior vice president and chief operations officer. Rose joined Burlington Northern Railroad (BN) in 1993 and held several positions in the Merchandise Business Unit. Prior to that, he held several positions in the trucking industry.
BNSF Railway Company is one of North America’s leading freight transportation companies operating on 32,500 route miles of track in 28 states and two Canadian provinces. BNSF is one of the top transporters of consumer goods, grain and agricultural products, low-sulfur coal, and industrial goods such as petroleum, chemicals, housing materials, food and beverages. BNSF’s shipments help feed, clothe, supply, and power American homes and businesses every day. BNSF and its employees have developed one of the most technologically advanced and efficient railroads in the industry. We work continuously to improve the value of the safety, service, energy, and environmental benefits we provide to our customers and the communities we serve.
- Bachelor of Science in marketing with a minor in logistics, University of Missouri
- Board of Directors, AT&T Inc.
- Board of Directors, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Board of Directors, Fluor Corporation
- Board of Directors, Association of American Railroads
- Board of Directors, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Business Roundtable
- Member, The Business Council
- Board of Trustees, Texas Christian University
- Board of Trustees, American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research
- Member, Boy Scouts of America National Executive Board
The College of Business Administration at Abilene Christian University invites you to a dinner honoring our May, August, and December 2015 COBA graduates. The seated dinner will take place on Friday, May 8, 2015 from 6:00pm to 7:30pm in the Hunter Welcome Center. Each graduating COBA senior receives one free ticket to the event. Graduating Seniors may register here. Friends and family may purchase tickets here for $18.00. Tickets will be sold until May 4th.
For questions, please email M.C. Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org.