Dr. Richard S. Lytle | College of Business Administration
Dr. Richard S. Lytle
Dean and Professor of Marketing
B.B.A., Management, Harding University, 1980
M.B.A., Oklahoma State University, 1983
Ph.D., Marketing, Arizona State University, 1994
Academic Positions Held:
- Dean, College of Business Administration, Abilene Christian University, 1999-Present
- Professor of Marketing, Abilene Christian University, 2007-present
- Associate Dean & Associate Professor of Marketing, College of Business Administration, Abilene Christian University, 1997-1999
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, Department of Management Sciences, Abilene Christian University, 1991-1997
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, ACU World Class, Engelberg, Switzerland, 1995
- Engineering Specifications Analyst, Volkswagen of America (Troy, Michigan)
- Senior analyst, Tenneco Oil E & P (Denver)
- Natural gas marketing representative, Amoco Production (Denver)
- Finance supervisor, Electronic Data Systems (Warren, Michigan)
Professional & Teaching Awards:
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year, Department of Management Sciences, College of Business Administration, Abilene Christian University, 1999
- ABE (Advancing Business Excellence) summer stipend recipient, College of Business, Abilene Christian University, 1998
- Cullen Research Grant recipient, Abilene Christian University, ranked as one of the top two university research proposals for the year, 1997, 1996
- Management Sciences Teacher of the Year, 1997, 1995, 1992
- Recipient of Donald & Geraldine Hedberg Foundation's National Direct Marketing Institute for Professors fellowship, Denver, CO, 1996
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers: The Best Teachers in America Selected by the Best Students, award recipient, October 1996
- Board of Trustees Award: Outstanding University Teacher of the Year, Abilene Christian University, 1993
- Outstanding Business Graduate Assistant Teacher of the Year, College of Business, Arizona State University, 1990
- Kenneth A. Coney Memorial Award, Arizona State University, 1989
- Outstanding Marketing Doctoral Student Teacher of the Year, Arizona State University, 1989
- Marketing Management
- Consumer Behavior
- Principles of Marketing
- M.B.A courses
- Christian Business Leadership
- Atlas Oil Company, Detroit, Michigan
- Audi of America, Auburn Hills, Michigan
- Bank of America, Phoenix, Arizona
- Compass Bank, Dallas/Houston, Texas
- Cox Communications, Manheim Auto Auctions, PA
- Dawn Foods, Jackson, Michigan
- First National Bank of Abilene, Abilene, Texas
- H. E. Butt Grocery, San Antonio, Texas
- Lauren Constructors & Engineers, Inc., Abilene, Texas
- McCoy's Building Supply, San Marcos, Texas
- MediaGarden, Abilene, TX
- Resources for Living, Inc., Austin, Texas
- USA Venturecraft, Abilene, Texas
- Zachry Associates, Abilene, Texas
- Professor of Marketing for ACU's WorldClass program in Engleberg, Switzerland, 1995
- Mission Work - Tobago, Summers 1985 and 1989; Trinidad, Summer, 1987
- Service Leadership
- Service Quality
- Customer Satisfaction
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Decision Making
- Services Marketing
- Marketing Performance
- Lytle, Richard S. Distinctive Leadership: A Blueprint for Leadership in Troubled Times. Manuscript being delivered for publication, Spring 2005.
- Lytle, Richard S. Service Leadership: Creating and Sustaining A Winning Service Climate. A trade book being developed for publication, Spring 2006.
Representative Publications/Research Presentations:
- Service Orientation and Performance: An Organizational Perspective, with Ed Timmerman, Journal of Services Marketing, forthcoming 2006.
- 10 Elements of Service Excellence, Texas Banking, Vol. 93, No. 6, June 2004.
- Lytle, Richard S. and William H. Lytle. Building Your PURE Customer Service Culture, a handbook written and published by Audi Academy, Audi of America, Auburn Hills, Michigan, 2004.
- Toolkit: A better Way to Measure Service, The Regent Business Review, Issue 4 (March 2003), Regent University ©2003, Virginia Beach, VA 23464.
- Developing An Organizational Service Orientation Among Employees, in Managing Employee Attitudes and Behaviors in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry, with Ed Timmerman (Abilene Christian University), NOVA Science Publishers (USA), 2003.
- Service Orientation in Transitional Markets: Does it Matter?, with Monty Lynn (Abilene Christian University) and Samo Bobek (University of Maribor), European Journal of Marketing: Special Issue on Services Marketing – People Issues, Vol. 34, No. 3/4 (April) 2000.
- Serv*Or: An Organizational Measure of Service Orientation, with Peter Hom (Arizona State) and Michael Mokwa (Arizona State), Journal of Retailing, Vol. 74, No. 4, Fall 1998.
- Service Orientation in Transitional Economies: A Survey of Middle Sized Banks in Slovenia versus the United States, with Monty Lynn (Abilene Christian University) and Samo Bobek (University of Maribor), Management International Review, Vol. 3, No. 4, 1998.
- Management Issues on Service Orientation in Transitional Economies: Research Findings from two Slovenian Banks, with Monty Lynn (Abilene Christian University) and Samo Bobek (University of Maribor), Management International Review, submitted December 1997.
- Evaluating Health Care Quality: The Moderating Role of Outcomes, with Michael Mokwa, Journal of Health Care Marketing, Vol. 12, No. 1 (March 1992), 4-14.