Dr. Monty Lynn | College of Business Administration
Dr. Monty Lynn
Associate Dean and Professor of Management
B.A., Harding University, 1981
B.S.W., Harding University, 1981
M.S., Cornell University, 1984
M.O.B., Brigham Young University, 1985
Ph.D., Brigham Young University, 1985
Academic Positions Held:
- Associate Dean, College of Business Administration, 2009-Present
- Acting Dean, College of Business Administration, 2004
- Chair, Department of Management Sciences, 1999-2004
- Director, MBA Program, 1990-2000
- Fulbright Scholar, University of Maribor (Slovenia), 1995-1996
Professional & Teaching Awards:
- Trustees Award, Outstanding Teacher of the Year, Abilene Christian University, 1990
- Teacher of the Year, Department of Management Sciences, College of Business Administration, Abilene Christian University, 1985-1986, 1986-1987, 1990-1991
Undergraduate Courses Taught:
- ECON 438: International Poverty and Development
- MGMT 120: Introduction to Business and Technology
Consulting & Service:
- Researcher, HOPE International, Dominican Republic, 2009
- Journal Editorial Review Board, Nase Gospodarstvo [Our Economy] and Managing Global Transactions, 2004-Present
- Member, Board of Directors, Christian Business Faculty Association, 2004-2007
- Director, Christian Business Faculty Association 20th Annual Conference, San Antonio, 2004
- Visiting lecturer, University of Primorska (Slovenia, 2005), International Economics Camp (Russia, 2001, 2002), University of Potsdam (Germany, 1996), Boras University (Sweden, 1996)
- Economic Development, Chouleteca, 2002
- NAFTA research funded by the Canadian Embassy, Washington, DC, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, and Ottawa, Ontario, 1991
- Research presented in the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Austria and France
- International economic development
- Integration of faith and business
Representative Publications/Research Presentations:
- Monty L. Lynn, Michael J. Naughton & Steve VanderVeen (2009). “Faith at Work Scale (FWS): Justification, Development, and Validation of a Measure of Judaeo-Christian Religion in the Workplace,” Journal of Business Ethics, vol. 85, 227-241.
- Monty L. Lynn (2003, 2004, 2005, 2008). Venture Out! An Entrepreneurial Introduction to Business. Southlake, TX: Fountainhead Press.
- Roberto Biloslavo & Monty L. Lynn (2007). “Mission Statements in Slovene Enterprises: Institutional Pressures and Contextual Adaptation in a Post-Transition Economy,” Management Decision, 45, 773-788.
- Monty L. Lynn (2006), “Lifelong Learning in Christian Vocation: Being Equipped for Every Good Work,” Journal of Biblical Integration in Business, Fall, 163-185.
- Monty L. Lynn (2005), “Organizational Buffering: Managing Boundaries and Cores,” Organization Studies, 26, 37-61.