Kristen Knott ('09) | Teacher Education
Elementary education major
from San Antonio, Texas
"It has been the best experience of my life."
That's quite a statement, but one straight from the heart of Kristen Knott. Kristen didn't know anything about ACU except that a friend's father had attended. But it took just one visit to convince her that ACU was the place to be.
"I truly felt as if God was calling me to this school," she said.
Four years later, she's convinced of it. Not many places offer opportunities like the one Kristen, seven classmates, and two education professors enjoyed last summer at the International Academy of Beijing.
The students taught their own classes for a month, under the watchful eye of their professors. They were responsible for lesson plans, grading and communicating with parents.
Not only did Kristen experience a vastly different culture and share experiences with her classmates, she also earned valuable experience that will look great on a resume when she starts looking for a teaching job.
"I was the teacher of record in China because of the ACU program," she said. "Where else can you get experience like that?"
Kristen is amazed at all the opportunities she has had at ACU. Students get involved with caring professors, and they enjoy small classes, Christian fellowship, social and service activities, and a safe, friendly environment.
"I feel as if we have had so many more experiences in the classroom and we have such knowledgeable professors that have really prepared us for the classroom," Kristen said.
Serving Local Schools
- Shannon Wilburn CEO Just Between Friends
- Dr. Marcus Nelson ('94) Teacher Education
- Mobile learning goes to kindergarten
- Casey Lewis Orr ('08) Elementary Education
- Greg Oglesby ('11) Teacher Education
- Adrienne Carpenter ('08) Spanish Education
- Education Students Teach in Beijing
- Caleb Reid ('05) Secondary Education
- Garrett Hines ('06) History/Education/Art
- Amy Perez ('07) Teacher of the Year
- Erin Gray ('08) Graduate Fellow at TSU
- Juane Heflin ('84) Morlan Award Winner
- Justin Schofield ('09) Secondary Education
- Laura Hollifield ('09) Math Education
- Sarah Peters ('12) Special Education
- Lindsey Rogers ('01) Theatre Education
- Ashley Henderson ('10) Elementary Education
- Gustavo Villanueva ('00) Ministry/Education