Teachers don't make a difference in the classroom; they are the difference in the classroom. In ACU's Department of Teacher Education, you will be prepared to impact lives for eternity as you teach children and youth.
Did you know...
- At ACU, we are committed to integrating faith into every aspect of the Teacher Education program, and we prepare teachers to do the same.
- 100% of all May 2013 graduates in all teaching fields were employed by the following August.
- 100% of ACU's May 2013 graduates preparing for Early Childhood through 6th Grade certification passed all three state required TExES exams for certification on their first attempt. In contrast, the initial statewide passing rate for all examinees in the state was just 67.4% for the Generalist EC-6 TExES.
- The Teacher Education Program at ACU is nationally recognized and accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC).
- For all certification areas, ACU has a 100% Summary Pass Rate for All Program Completers in the federal Title II reporting for 2009-10 and 2010-11, and 96% for 2011-12.
- ACU offers 16 certification degree plans along with supplemental certifications in Special Education and English as a Second Language.
- We offer a one-year Graduate program for current ACU students who have not completed initial certification.
Sarah Peters ('12) | Teacher Education
"I knew I wanted to work with kids with special needs, and education seemed a good way to do that."
Serving Local Schools
Masters of Education in Teaching and Learning
The Master of Education in Teaching and Learning is a one-year master's program designed for ACU students who will complete a bachelor's degree in Education
- Follow between issues on the magazine blog
- Summit set for Sept. 20-23
- Online Graduate Programs
- Study Abroad: The World is Your Classroom
- Forbes ranks ACU in Top 10% of U.S. colleges
- ACU renewed as Apple Distinguished Program
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Abound
- ACU en Español
- Follow ACU on Twitter
- University news, events and fun!