Here's What Else Sets Us Apart:
- You will get unprecedented support throughout your first five years of teaching with our distinctive Summer Institute for Beginning Teachers.
- 100% of the 2013-14 graduates who were seeking jobs were employed within 6 months of graduation.
- 100% of ACU's 2013-14 candidates preparing for Early Childhood through 6th Grade certification passed all state required certification exams. In contrast, the passing rate for all programs was just 64% for the Generalist EC-6 TExES.
- Those certifying in Early Childhood through 6th Grade have over 200 hours in field experience prior to Student Teaching.
- For all certification areas, ACU has a 100% Summary Pass Rate for All Program Completers in the federal Title II reporting for 2013-14.
- Technology is integrated throughout the curriculum.
- Graduates of our program are recognized as exemplary throughout the state and nation.
- Faculty members have a record of exemplary service in a variety of pre-k through 12 school settings.
- Students have opportunities to participate with faculty in presenting research at national and regional, professional conferences.
- ACU offers a variety of opportunities for service learning and cross-cultural experiences. (Summer Practicum, Study Abroad, Spring Break Campaigns, Summer Mission Trips, etc.)
- Professors are committed to the individual student and to forming supportive relationships with them.
By the Numbers:
The May 2013 graduating class celebrated a 100% passing rate for all initial attempts on all certification exams in the Early Childhood through Elementary and Special Education programs. That is 100% of candidates passing 74 TExES certification exams on their first attempt.
|Certification Exam Taken||Students Taking Exam||ACU Pass Rate on First Attempt|
(Early Childhood Elem.)
|English as a Second Language Supplemental||22||100%|
|Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities||25||100%|
Employment rate for graduates in Early Childhood through Elementary and Special Education
|Time Period||Number of Graduates||Percentage of|
A Note from a Recent Graduate:
"I cannot think of a better place to prepare for a career in education than ACU. From my very first year teaching, I felt confident in my ability to plan and deliver effective instruction to all levels of students in my classroom. Not only was I prepared to provide quality instruction, I was also able to establish a rapport with my students and turn a group of 22 children into a family. My professors at ACU shared not only their expertise, but their life experiences, allowing me to catch a glimpse of teaching at its best. Since graduating from ACU, I have become aware of the high level of respect afforded to teachers who share my alma mater. I have heard principals remark on the high caliber of teachers that ACU "turns out," and have experienced a sense of pride to know that I attended a university with professors that care enough to personally invest in the lives of their students with the knowledge that we will someday do the same.
After my first year of teaching, my principal told me that she has seen five-year veterans of teaching that were just reaching the caliber of lesson planning that I had achieved in that first year. I would like to take credit for this, but the fact that I was able to plan such effective lessons stemmed from my thorough training at ACU."
Tobin White - ACU Graduate
Isbell Elementary, Second Grade
Serving Local Schools
Masters of Education in Teaching and Learning
The Master of Education in Teaching and Learning is a one-year master's program designed for ACU students who will complete a bachelor's degree in Education