Dr. Odies Wright Jr.
BSEd., ACU, 1973, Physical Education / Business
MEd., Univ. of Houston, 1982, Physical Education
PhD., Univ. of New Mexico, 2002, Sport Administration
Office: Gibson Health and Physical Education Ctr Rm 203
Mailing Address: ACU Box 28084, Abilene, TX, 79699-8084
- Gibson Health and PE Center Room 138 C
Area of Specialization
- Sport and Recreation Management
- Activities Coordinator for Strength Training
- Coordinator for KSRM
- KINE 201 – Introduction to Sport and Recreation Management
- KINE 206 – Strength Training
- KINE 301 – Facility and Risk Management in Sport and Recreation
- KINE 401 – Legal Issues in Sport and Recreation Management
- PEAC 227 – Marathon Training
- PEAC 237 – Beginning Racquetball
- Co-Coordinator of Departmental Chapel
- Worship Leader at Hillcrest Church of Christ
- Adult Bible Class Leader
- Worship Committee
- Bible Class Teacher
- Vice President of College Division of the Texas Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (TAHPERD)
- NCAA Issues, Sport Officials
[Selected] Presentations and Publications
- Who Coaches Homeschool Basketball Teams (Skills and Qualification), 2009 @ TAHPERD Convention
Peek Inside the SRWC
Learn more about the Royce and Pam Money Student Recreation and Wellness Center, ACU’s new $21 million facility for promoting wellness in body, mind and spirit.
ACU's mission is to educate students for Christian service and leadership throughout the world.
Satisfy your curiosity about what it means to live and learn at ACU!
Apply to ACU