Dr. Dickie Hill
B.S.Ed., Abilene Christian University, Physical Education and
M.P.E., University of Florida, Physical Education, 1968
Ph.D., Texas A&M University, Health Education, 1973
Office: Gibson Health and Physical Education Ctr Rm 206
Mailing Address: ACU Box 28084, Abilene, TX, 79699-8084
- Gibson Health and PE Center Room 138D
- Texas School Health Association (TSHA)
- Christian Society for Kinesiology and Leisure Studies (CSKLS)
- Church Activities
- Professional Organizations
Honors and Awards
- 1988 – PEPI Award from the Texas Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance
- 2006 – Martha Licata Award for Service from the Texas School Health Association
- 2009 – Presidential Award from the Christian Society for Kinesiology and Leisure Studies
- Childhood Obesity
- Spiritual Wellness
- Death and Dying
- “Achieving Wellness Through Vows.” National Conference on Youth Ministries. Atlanta, GA. January 3-5, 2008.
- “Personal Commitment to Personal Health.” American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance at Tampa, Florida. March 2009.
- “College Students VOW To God To Improve Their Health.” Tri-University Symposium. Hardin Simmons Univ. April 6, 2011. Student Researcher Monica Parodi was co-presenter.
- “Health Problems From Dehydration” Christian Society for Kinesiology and Leisure, Studies (CSKLS), Branson, MO, College of the Ozarks. April 6, 2011.
- “Developing a Local Church Program for Wellness Through a VOW to God”, Christian Sports and Recreation Ministers Summit, Dallas, TX, April 18, 2012.
- “The Grieving Christian Mother: What Are Her Needs?” The Journal Of Pastoral Counseling, Vol. 37, An Annual, 2002, p. 50-72.
- “The Grieving Christian Father: What Are His Needs?” The Journal Of Pastoral Counseling, Vol. 38, An Annual, 2003, p. 73-98.
- “Altruism Is Good For Your Health”, The Texas School Health Association Brief, July 2006, p. 4-5.
Peek Inside the SRWC
Learn more about the Royce and Pam Money Student Recreation and Wellness Center, ACU’s new $21 million facility for promoting wellness in body, mind and spirit.
ACU's mission is to educate students for Christian service and leadership throughout the world.
Satisfy your curiosity about what it means to live and learn at ACU!
Apply to ACU