- Nathan D. McClain, class of 2014, Exercise Science Pre-Physical Therapy track. He attends the University of Delaware Physical Therapy School (ranked #2 in the U.S.), and is earning a Masters in Anatomy at the same time.
- Walker Johnson, class of 2014, Exercise Science Health Promotion track. He is employed by Young Life in Arlington, TX. Walker: “ACU was the difference in my life that brought me to being the man in ministry that I am today. I am thankful for the Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition and the passionate faculty who taught me so many skills.”
- Mary Swantek, class of 2011, Exercise Science Health Promotion track with a minor in Nutrition and a Gerontology Certificate. She is the Director of Senior Programs at the Colorado Springs Senior Center under the operations of the YMCA.
- Courtney Laing Gowin, class of 2010, Exercise Science Health Promotion track. She earned her doctorate in Chiropractic (Parker 2013) and is currently owner and chiropractor at Free to Be Chiropractic in Addison, TX.
Ana Pruteanu, class of 2010, Didactic Program in Dietetics track. She earned her MS in Nutrition and Dietetics from Northern Illinois University, DeKalb IL and a Graduate Certificate in Eating Disorders and Obesity from NIU. Ana is a Registered & Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist practicing in the state of Illinois. She provides nutrition counseling for clients who struggle with anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, emotional and compulsive overeating. Ana: “ACU has provided me with a well-rounded education, some of my closest friends to date, and a solid foundation of Christian values.”
- Brianna Allen Moore, class of 2009, Exercise Science Pre-Occupational Therapy track. She earned her Master of Occupational Therapy (TWU) and is currently an occupational therapist at Hendrick Center for Rehabilitation in Abilene, TX.
- Kristen Kastner, class of 2007, Exercise Science. She is the Cooper Fit Wellness Manager at the Cooper Center in Dallas, TX.
- James Silvester, class of 2005, Exercise Science. He is a Personal Trainer at the Cooper Aerobics Center in Dallas, TX.
- Jeremy Biernat, class of 2005, double major in Exercise Science and Exercise and Sport Science. He is the founder and owner of Tall Trainer Fitness Systems, a private personal training studio in Canandaigua, NY.
- Dr. Lem Taylor IV, class of 2001; assistant professor of exercise physiology and radiation safety officer, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, Belton, TX.
- Lanette Davis Young , class of 1993; director of LIFEHELP, The Heart Institute of St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg, AL.
- Darrin Roe, class of 1993; supervisor of cardiac rehabilitation, Baylor Medical Center, Dallas, TX.
- Dr. Billy Dan Carson, class of 1988; family physician, University of Texas Health Center, Tyler, TX.
- Mark Stevens, class of 1988; general manager, The Houstonian Club, Houston, TX.
- Jon Yarbrough, class of 1988; manager, cardiac rehab, Wellhealth Center, Abilene Regional Medical Center, Abilene, TX.
- Paul Phillips, class of 1987; physical therapist, Abilene, TX.
- Darci Phillips Graham, class of 1986; owner, The Workout, Oklahoma City, OK.
- Dr. Frank Smith, class of 1978; professor, St. Edwards University, Austin, TX.
- Patti Jo Mendenhall, class of 1977; M.S., R.D., L.D.; past president, Texas Dietetic Association, Abilene, TX.
- Don Harrison, class of 1976; retired superintendent, Wylie ISD, Abilene, TX.
Peek Inside the SRWC
Learn more about the Royce and Pam Money Student Recreation and Wellness Center, ACU’s new $21 million facility for promoting wellness in body, mind and spirit.
ACU's mission is to educate students for Christian service and leadership throughout the world.
Satisfy your curiosity about what it means to live and learn at ACU!
Apply to ACU