ACU offers many services and activities to enrich students beyond the classroom. CSD students participate in activities such as Summit, Spring Break Campaigns, social clubs and intramural and intercollegiate sports.
In CSD, students can choose to participate in the following activities:
ACU Chapter of the National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association (NSSLHA)
Pre-professional organization with membership consisting of majors in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders. NSSLHA provides opportunities for majors to learn more about speech-language pathology, to interact with professionals in the field and to participate in pre-professional learning activities. The faculty advisor is Denise Barnett.
CSD students can volunteer through a number of community organizations such as:
- University Place Assisted Living
- Rose Park Senior Center
- King David’s Kids – a support group for children and families with Autism
- Wildcat Kids
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Meals on Wheels
- Hendrick Medical Center – Hippotherapy (horse assisted therapy)
- Attend the Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association (TSHA) annual convention
- Service projects – such as Smile Train – a non-profit organization who raises money for cleft palate surgeries and supplies.