ACU offers many services and activities to enrich students beyond the classroom. CSD students participate in activities such as Summit, Spring Break Campaigns, social clubs and intramural and intercollegiate sports.
In CSD, students can choose to participate in the following:
- SLP assistant
- Early childhood/daycare manager
- ESL instructor local or abroad
- Special Education teacher (with additional certification)
- Case manager for MHMR clients
- HeadStart clients
- Activities director at nursing home, retirement center or adaptive recreation program
Master’s level graduates can work in a number of different areas in speech-language pathology, including pediatric or adult settings in both public and private facilities.
CSD students can volunteer through a number of community organizations such as:
- University Place Assisted Living
- Rose Park Senior Center
- King David’s Kids – a support group for children and families with Autism
- Wildcat Kids
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Meals on Wheels
- Hendrick Medical Center – Hippotherapy (horse assisted therapy)
- Attend the Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association (TSHA) annual convention
- Service projects – such as Smile Train – a non-profit organization who raises money for cleft palate surgeries and supplies.