Five reasons for choosing CSD
- You will develop skills to minister to individuals and families with communication disorders.
- You will learn about communication from birth to the elderly.
- You will have opportunities to observe therapy with individuals of all ages and in a variety of settings (hospitals, schools, out-patient clinics).
- You will engage in meaningful learning experiences with highly qualified faculty.
- You will be well prepared for graduate studies or the work force.
Who chooses CSD?
- have a heart for helping people and are looking for a life-long ministry
- want to work with children or the elderly or all ages
- want options for when and where they work
- hospitals, schools, clinics, patient homes…
- full-time, part-time, weekends, school year…
- are interested in disorders such as Autism, cleft palate, genetic syndromes, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and many others…
Why CSD at ACU?
At graduation, students either
- continue in a graduate program. A graduate degree is required for national certification (CCC/SLP)
- 90% of students are accepted into at least 1 graduate program of their choice
- feedback from graduate programs indicate that ACU students are well prepared for graduate school
- a high majority of ACU alums complete graduate programs and become certified or work
- as a Speech Pathology Assistant (SLP-A) or
- in a related area (activities director, child development centers, senior citizen programming, etc.)
What’s the future in CSD?
- high demand in the work force
- high salaries for certified Speech-Language Pathologists and AuDs
- flexible work hours and settings
- high job satisfaction