The Department of Bible, Missions and Ministry is pleased to offer scholarships to its majors. Scholarships vary in amount, based on the number of students receiving scholarships and on financial need.
Steps for applying for a scholarship:
- (If a first-time student) Apply for admission to the university. Scholarship applications will not be considered until you have been accepted for admission to the university.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). We will not consider your application without a valid FAFSA on file.
- Apply for other forms of financial aid, such as the Pell Grant. Students should know that Bible Department scholarships only form part of their total financial aid package.
- Students must be Bible majors. They cannot receive the monies if they are exploring other fields of study or are taking classes for a second major. It is recommended that DBMM scholarships be given for a total of eight semesters of study. Any exceptions must be approved by the scholarship committee.
- Download and fill out the Scholarship Application (pdf).
- Give two copies of the Confidential Reference Form (part of the Scholarship Application package) to two people (not relatives) who know you well, along with a stamped envelope addressed to:
Abilene Christian University
Department of Bible, Missions and Ministry Advisor
ACU Box 29411
Abilene, TX 79699-9411
The scholarship committee convenes several times each year. To be considered for scholarship, applications should be submitted by the following dates:
- Jan. 15 (for highest scholarship)
- March 1 (for mid-range scholarship)
- May 1 (for smaller scholarship)
Please inform your references that their forms are also due by the designated dates.