Houston Heflin, Ed.D.
Assistant Professor of Ministry
- Ed.D. (Leadership & Church Ministry), Southern Seminary, 2004
- M.S. (Christian Ministry), Abilene Christian University, 1997
- B.S. (Youth & Family Ministry) Abilene Christian University, 1995
- Heflin, Houston, Meredith Platt, and J. Kyle Roberts. 2014. Training and Teaching Methods of Volunteer Teachers. Christian Education Journal. 11(1): 24-32.
- Heflin, Houston. 2014. A More Productive Harvest Through Adolescent Spiritual Formation. Leaven. 22(1): 24-28
- Heflin, Houston. 2012. Teaching Eutychus: Engaging today's learners with passion and creativity. Abilene, TX: ACU Press.
- Heflin, Houston. 2011. Supervision and success in youth ministry education internships. Journal of Youth Ministry. 9(2): 35-48.
- Heflin, Houston. 2009. Youth Pastor: The theology and practice of youth ministry. Nashville, TN: Abingdon Press.
- Heflin, Houston. 2006. Walking ancient paths: Revisiting roles for service in youth ministry. Christian Education Journal. 3 (2): 316-329.
- Heflin, Houston. 2003. Theories of motivation and youth ministry's adolescent learners. Journal of Youth Ministry. 2 (1): 57-70
- Adams Center Research Fellow 2014
Research & Professional Interests
- Spiritual Formation
- Teaching and Learning
- Theological Field Education
- Youth Ministry
- Society of Professors in Christian Education
- Association of Youth Ministry Educators
- Society for the Study of Christian Spirituality
Representative Refereed Conference Papers and Presentations
- "Digital Storytelling as Identity & Community Formation" (SPCE - Chicago, IL) 2013
- "Teaching, Training, and Volunteer Teachers" (NAPCE - Dallas, TX) 2012
- "Heads Up and a Host of Classroom Apps" (NAPCE - Dallas, TX) 2012
- "Supervision & Success in Youth Ministry Internships" (AYME - Louisville, KY) 2010