Serving as a WorldWide Witness intern demands a high level of commitment. Here are some of the requirements:
- Pray about this opportunity and your motivation.
- Read and agree with ACU's Faith Commitment.
- Submit all material needed for the processing of your application, i.e., online application and spiritual autobiography.
- Pay a non-refundable $40 application fee.
- Express preferences about where you want to go, but accept that the directors of WorldWide Witness have the final word about field assignments.
- Communicate openly, frequently and respectfully with trainers and supervisors.
- Participate in training class BMIS 440 Short Term Missions (offered in spring).
- Find a supervising congregation and raise funds.
- Purchase medical insurance for the time of the internship.
On the Field
- Represent God, your sending church, ACU and WorldWide Witness in a Christ-like manner at all times.
- Maintain a good relationship with your fellow interns, both before and during the internship.
- Go as a learner and look for opportunities to be of service to others.
- Avoid any action that would compromise the integrity or effectiveness of your field supervisors.
- Support their ministry and doctrinal positions without reservation or complaint.
- Maintain an attitude of service and cooperation.
- Follow your supervisors’ guidelines with respect to opposite sex relationships.
- October: Recruiting begins
- November: Applications due
- January: Start class begins
- May-June: Departure for internships
- August: Debriefing