Worldwide Witness Application
Application to WorldWide Witness is made via the seven step process outlined below.
1. Apply: Fill out the application form online
2. Spiritual Bio*: Write a three page spiritual biography explaining the influences (events, family, camps, tragedies, victories, etc.) that have shaped you spiritually. Attach and email the completed document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. References*: To obtain references, please direct one church leader who knows you well and one professor who knows you well to the WWW recommendation form. The form takes less than 5 minutes to complete and will be delivered directly to the directors of WWW upon submission.
4. Interview*: During the process, the directors will visit with you personally to discuss which location and type of work is the best fit for you.
5. Payment and Forms: The application is not complete until you pay $100 (cash or check made payable to ACU) to the HIM office located in the Biblical Studies Building, room 300. The non-refundable application fee is used to cover your travel insurance and shirt costs. $50 is due following your interview. The remaining $50 is due prior to the first day of class (Spring semester). Final approval is dependent upon payment. In addition, the following forms are to be printed, signed and handed in with your first payment:
- Image Release
- Medical Information & Release for Medical Care
- Assumption of Risk, Release & Indemnification Agreement
6. Class / CEU: The training for WWW internships and apprenticeships is conducted via BMIS 391: Service in Global Context, a preparatory class for short-term missions taught in the spring by the directors. If you desire credit for the training, sign up via banner or your adviser for BMIS 391. If you do not desire the 3 hours credit, you may take the class as a Continuing Education Unit (CEU). The CEU cost is $125 for the semester plus books and enrollment can be done in the HIM office. You are expected to do the work but will only receive a pass / fail grade that will not appear on your ACU academic transcript; the pass/fail will appear on a separate transcript held by the registrar's office. To obtain a copy that will verify to an employer that you have received cross-cultural training, contact the registrar's office.
7. Screening: Once you have completed the above steps, the directors will schedule you for screening exams with the Marriage and Family Institute. The exam fees are included in the class / CEU fee.
*For returning WWW interns: If you are signing up a second time with WWW, SKIP steps 2-4. For your payment, you only need to pay the first installment; ACU will pay your second portion unless your cost of insurance exceeds a total of $100. If that is the case, you will pay the remainder of the insurance cost. You will need to download the three forms and hand those in to the office. The directors would like for you to attend the class as a CEU in order to grow in your depth of understanding, share your experiences with other students and bond with teammates.