Jenavene Hester ('09) | Musical Theatre
From Abilene to the Big Apple, Jenavene Hester has already taken great strides in her career as a performer. Now she and her soon-to-be husband will have the opportunity to go on tour together as newlyweds.
Jenavene, who received her BFA in musical theatre in 2009, was recently cast in the national tour of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, alongside her fiancé Seth Bazacas (‘09). Seth and Jenavene will be married in September and begin their tour together in October.
Now residing in New York, Jenavene is grateful for what she learned at ACU and feels well prepared for an acting career. "Every day I use what I have learned: auditioning, voice lessons, dance classes and acting classes," she said. "I go into my career feeling prepared because of the strong backbone ACU provided me with."
However, solid training in the theatre arts is not the only thing Jenavene took away from her time at ACU. She also greatly appreciates the kindness and attention she received from her teachers. "The professors really take you under their wing and provide you with so much love and encouragement," she said.
Jenavene offers advice to students considering a career in theatre: "Know that it is a full-time commitment, but a wonderful one for sure. The theatre is a remarkable place for creating relationships, and you learn so much about yourself. It's quite a thrilling experience to put what you learn in the classroom up on stage in front of an audience, and ACU gives you that opportunity."
Spring 2016 Lineup
Laughter on the 23rd Floor
Nickel and Dimed
Hands on a Hardbody
- Nathan Jerkins (‘05), Sean Martin (‘03) and Ryan Crowder (‘04)
- The Penfold Theatre Co. Round Rock, Texas
- Lindsey Rogers ('01) Theatre Education
- Jenavene Hester ('09) Musical Theatre
- Nelson Coates ('84) Movie Production Designer
- 'Othello' goes interactive with mobile devices
- Juliette Trafton ('06) Musical Theatre
- Study Abroad: The World is Your Classroom
- ACU Connected: Mobile Learning
- Forbes ranks ACU in Top 10% of U.S. colleges