Theatre Ministry Track (BFA)
In addition to the theatre core, students in this track receive additional exposure to specialized applications of theatre ministry (church internships, service organizations, urban studies, youth ministry, outreach, worship ministry, playwriting, Christian theatre companies), unifying in practical ways the intersection of faith and art.
- Faculty mentors: Students in this track will receive guidance from all theatre faculty members!
- Sample classes: Arts and Culture: A Christian Aesthetic, Intermediate Acting, Improv, Playwriting, Lighting, Advanced Directing, Missions.
- Opportunities at ACU: Theatre chapel, dramaturgy, education/outreach activities, mentoring, touring schools with Young Audiences, interning with one of Abilene’s many churches.
- Jobs in this area: Christian theatre group member, actor, director, playwright, youth camp director, church worship ministry, missionary, instructor, youth sponsor.
- Meet a major:
- Get started: To be admitted on the Theatre Ministry track, set up an audition if you are primarily an actor OR an interview if you are primarily a designer or director.
Spend a semester in New York City, studying with Broadway professionals and Tony Award-winning instructors.