Theatre Education Track (BFA)
Students in the Theatre Education track receive specialized theatre training through the Department of Theatre, combining with extensive teacher training through the Department of Theatre Education. Upon completion of this degree, students are prepared to pass the TeXeS state certification exam, qualifying them to teach Theatre Arts in Early Childhood through 12th grade.
- Sample classes: Educational Theatre, Improvisation, Acting and Directing Classes, as well as Educational Foundations, Educational Psychology, Student Teaching, and other courses that prepare you to teach.
- Opportunities at ACU: Directing student productions, stage managing mainstage shows, observation in classroom and student teaching in area schools
- Jobs in this area: High school and middle school theatre teachers, Regional Theatre Arts Education programs.
- Meet a major:
- Meet an alumnus: Katie Hahn, Lauren Allred, Heather Amend, Misty Baptiste, Tia Moen.
- Get started: Set up an interview to be admitted on the Theatre Education track!
Spend a semester in New York City, studying with Broadway professionals and Tony Award-winning instructors.