Musical Theatre Track (BFA)
Students in the Musical Theatre track receive specialized training in acting, choreography, singing and other elements of musical theatre. Coursework, voice classes, dance training, and performance in directing scenes, Mainstage and Studio musical roles all combine to provide confidence and proficiency.
- Faculty mentors: Kari Hatfield, Dawne Swearingen
- Sample classes: Musical Theatre Performance Workshop; Theatrical Choreography: Jazz/Tap/Ballet/Modern; Private Voice; Voice and Diction; Movement for the Stage; Intermediate and Advanced Acting; Improv; Stanislavski/Method Acting; Auditioning.
- Opportunities at ACU: Casting priority for Mainstage and Studio musical productions as well as roles in student directing scenes both within and outside class requirements.
- Jobs in this area: Stage or film actor, acting/voice/dance teacher (secondary, college and graduate level), vocal director, dancer, singer, choreographer, stage combat.
- Meet a major:
- Get started: Set up an audition to be admitted on the Musical Theatre track!