Design/Technical Track (BFA)
Students in the Design/Technical track receive specialized training in scenic, lighting, sound, props and costume design, and construction. Coursework and design opportunities combine with practical application (such as serving on dressing/running crews, drafting, sewing, carpentry, and portfolio creation) to equip Design/Technical majors to express their artistic vision.
- Faculty mentors: Sandy Freeman, Gary Varner
- Sample classes: Costume Design, Scene Design, Theatre Lighting, Stage Makeup, Drawing, Art History, Theatre Management, Creativity of Theatrical Design.
- Opportunities at ACU: Designing for final directing scenes, submitting proposals to design faculty-designated and Studio Premiere shows, stage management, running crews, and portfolio presentations.
- Jobs in this area: Designer, costume construction, draper, dresser, scenic/lighting/props designer, props master, sound engineer, technical director, teacher (secondary, college and graduate level).
- Meet a major:
- Get started: Set up an interview to be admitted on the Design/Technical track!
Spend a semester in New York City, studying with Broadway professionals and Tony Award-winning instructors.